Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite YouTube video game channels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weirdest thing about Happy Console Gamer is that he originally came from Wakefield, which is a place fifteen minutes down the road from me.

Been going there since a tiddler, always get a barg in Wakey.

I bet he frequented Microbyte.

Comment

Oh, and SNESdrunk.

Comment

Also, shout out to PortsCenter. He's a bit Brookerish but he's made some great vids, think he lost both his parents in a short space of time and it hit him proper, visibly hard (which it would). Knocked him for six so bad I think it did him in as a YouTuber.

Worth checking out his vids, hope he's OK tbh, seemed like an OK geezer.

Comment

Top Hat Gaming Man and Happy console gamer

Comment

Obviously, Yakumo's channel, but I don't sub to many.

I quite like Dashie every so often as he's just so ridiculously hyperactive.

I found him via his God Hand playthrough:
            Thanks for watching and liking the video!http://www.twitter.com/dashiexphttp://www.facebook.com/brokenxbox

Comment

Lot of the recommendations mentioned already are in my daily feed, but although not unknown SkillUp is one of the better gaming channels for reviews etc. Basically understands the industry and is generally on point when it comes to analysis of situations. For example his comments on the EZAllies review of Ass. Creed Odyssey feel like pretty much the best summary I have come across.

That said I'm trying to cut down on watching YT or Twitch streams because even for reviews it often spoils the content discovery process. Which unless you're there for day one is something that is easily removed from your own experience.

Comment

I could list loads of gaming channels I can't stand. But they're popular, so I won't annoy people. I haven't found any channels that I would say are my perfect cup of tea, so I just make do with a few that are mildly interesting.

I like Pat The Nes Punk's podcast with Ian.

Luke Morse has a fun personality, so I enjoy watching him play all sorts of games.

HardcoreGaming101 has a fun podcast where three or four people talk about a game and then rank it.

Too many people talking about games are robotic(I can't stand really fake voices), or they're just annoying for one reason or another. People who open boxes all the time really aren't for me.

Comment

Cough - https://www.youtube.com/user/peetvanpeebles

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Sort of like Luke Morse without the chatter.

Comment

Luke Morse is a vile, despicable creature and I hope he’s never alowed anywhere near his child ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        Sort of like Luke Morse without the chatter.
                        huh? I’ve heard of Inspector Morse?

Comment

Techmoan, a British guy talking about old technology:

Technology Connections, an American guy talking about old technology:

Both are amazing. The TC vids on how VHS tapes work are especially fascinating!

Good Bad Flicks, covering my favourite genre of films:

Comment

Yes, Techmoan and Technology Connections are very well done channels, really nice, likeable guys. I also enjoy Retro Man Cave’s videos and I’ve recently discovered Perifractic’s Retro Recipes too.

VWestlife is completely the other end of the budget / editing scale, but his content is very interesting and he certainly knows what he’s on about. The 8-bit Guy / 8-bit Keys also has some very interesting content, but he’s a bit of an odd ‘un...

Modern Vintage Gamer’s tales of console hackery and porting applications are also quite entertaining. I prefer the DF Retro stuff more than their main channel... it’s all a bit OCD and comparing the ‘P’s starts getting a bit boring, just play the damn game. And as for Richard ‘I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-with-my-hands’ Leadbetter
                            Last edited by _SD_; 16-10-2018, 09:00.

Comment

I'm really curious about a lot of this - you guys clearly watch a lot of gaming YouTube stuff, but to step back from channels themselves, what is it that you're looking for? Is it reviews, history of games / studios, tech stuff, or what exactly? I'm not being a dick about this, am genuinely curious and somewhat surprised at the number of you who are reeling off huge lists like this!

Comparatively, I do have a few gaming channels I'm subbed to on YouTube, but it's mostly all folks who post high-level gameplay videos of things. Bemani players, FGC compilations, shmup replays and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

Modern Vintage Gamer’s tales of console hackery and porting applications are also quite entertaining. I prefer the DF Retro stuff more than their main channel... it’s all a bit OCD and comparing the ‘P’s starts getting a bit boring, just play the damn game. And as for Richard ‘I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-with-my-hands’ Leadbetter
                                Funnily enough was just watching Modern Vintage Gamers new video on switch homebrew. I always thought Richard was holding a invisible ball lol

I tend to watch historical gaming stuff, also i tend to get really entertained when stuff gets called out like the massive Retro VGS and Coleco Chameleon debacle (as well as the recent intel dodgy benchmarks) I do like watching High level game play with fighting games and shmup to.

Actually speaking of shmups one channel that i really feels deserve more love is https://www.youtube.com/user/Serraxor they do lots of reviews for them and cover the mechanics
                                I know with Maximillian in the FGC some people like him and some people hate him, but i think he is quite a high level player and he really got me back into fighting games and brought the genre to more people

Comment

Working...
                                X