Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite YouTube video game channels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    Note the only one Van seems to be a lack of support for many members channels can't see a mention to Briareos Kerensky: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4q...XzuYYRfsiwOPEw

Eastyy channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/eastyy/featured

Or a little one I help with myself in the form of Randomised Gaming: http://www.youtube.com/c/RandomisedGamingYouTube

One really good channel is Matthewmatosis, does do videos that often, but provide great detail on every game he looks at, very professionally done. Great insight for anyone who enjoys or understands games design.

Game Sack are also solid with their light hearted content. it's a format I think we might try in part more in the future, just without anyone on camera. Once we finish current on-going videos.

@speedlolita Sadly I don't think Ben Heck had a choice he was going to retire at one point I heard. His channel wasn't getting enough views to be self funding considering the quality of his content, yeah is a huge shame.

@Sketcz Sadly that digitiser show just looks awkward, expected better for a kickstarter project, still some people will find it funny, but not much gaming from the clip I saw.

@Yakumo Mentions that My Life in Gaming channel looks top stuff, the information in them is very hit and miss the quality hides the mistakes and their lack of knowledge in certain fields. They also often seem to skirt over the problems with the items they look at.

Worth pointing out a lots of these Youtubers are getting this stuff for free and under both the FSA and ASA, if you don't mention and declare you were given the item for free, you can be in real trouble. Having read the rules for both, unless you bought the game or item directly that you plan to review or someone bought it for you. Any free copies/items sent to you even for review must be declared under the guides.
    Last edited by S3M; 18-10-2018, 15:17.

Comment

Don't think anyone mentioned it yet but classic gaming quarterly has some pretty good videos.

Comment

Tbh I found that Digitiser vid amusing though I do like dumb stuff. Would deffo watch it.

Comment

LGR - Retro PC stuff. Games, parts, systems; everything really.
          Nostalgia Nerd - Retro computing stuff - just put out a 40+ minute vid on the Atari Falcon I'll be watching later.
          8 Bit Guy - Retro computing and restoration videos across a wide range of systems.
          DariaPlaysRPGs - RPG reviews. Mostly retro but some modern games slip in there.
          MsMadLemon - Amiga focused but lots of other systems are featured as well. Delves into the audio side of things along with restoration and modding/hacking.
          LowSpecGamer - Videos about getting PC games running on the lowest spec gear possible. Entertaining and informative if you don't have a lot of cash to spend.
          PhilsComputerLab - Mostly about getting DOS/Win 9x builds up and running on the cheapest parts you can buy. Uses a surprising amount of modern parts to keep costs low.
          RetroManCave - Bit too soft spoken tbh but lots of great retro computing/game vids. Lots of restoration videos as well.
          DigitalFoundry - I love the retro videos they put out looking at the tech used in older games.
          Dan Wood - Amiga videos mostly.
          My Life in Gaming - Mostly about getting the best image quality out of your systems. very in-depth and informative.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I'm really curious about a lot of this - you guys clearly watch a lot of gaming YouTube stuff, but to step back from channels themselves, what is it that you're looking for? Is it reviews, history of games / studios, tech stuff, or what exactly? I'm not being a dick about this, am genuinely curious and somewhat surprised at the number of you who are reeling off huge lists like this!
          Anything interesting, new or different.
          Last edited by Cepp; 20-10-2018, 14:25.

Comment

Started watching SegaLord. Great channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
              Started watching SegaLord. Great channel.
              Im not a fan of Sega Lord. Being a life time and well informed Sega fan since the mid 80s I find a few of his facts to be incorrect at times. Kind of like me pretending to know everything about the NES when in reality I know sweet FA about it. I don't even know or care how it should sound. Well, maybe Sega Lord isn't that bad but I don't think he knows as much as his title suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                maybe Sega Lord isn't that bad
                I prefer Magician Lord.

Comment

Videogamedunkey

Did you know gaming
                  Everything wrong with
                  Punching weight
                  Ben Heck

Comment

I find Games Sack, Randomised Gaming, Game Hut, ETA Prime to be best.

Also really like watching Metal Jesus Rocks, Retrocore, Digital Foundry, LGR and Larry's Fact Hunt, Sega Lord X, paulisthebest3uk, peetvanpeebles, Steve Benway

Comment

I only watch one, Nutz Gaming, who doesn't upload very often but I love his humour, his use and choice of music, his crazy editing and wealth of cultural references. The kid's a dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGD2bGhUF8

Comment

Digitiser are starting a new YouTube show tomorrow, 11th November.

I won't be watching because when asked, they said they're going near my bins.

Comment

I thought you might have been posting about the new GamesAnimal tv show for a second. Was just reading about it yesterday

Comment

I have no ill-will against Perry, but that promo of his with the scantily clad booth babes made me think "What year is this?"

All a bit embarrassing.

Comment

I think I'm of the very same opinion.

Comment

EDITED: it feels a bit mean to be critical of the Digitiser show, so I'm removing my review of it. Others like it, so fair enough.
                                Last edited by Sketcz; 12-11-2018, 07:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X