No announcement yet.

Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mega Sg arrived on Monday, really very pleased. Unfortunately though the Retro-bit controllers have been delayed until the end of May according to Amazon which is annoying. I got an M30 wireless pad but I’d rather use a wired one.

@Jaz That’s really terrible though, hope you get it sorted.

Oh, and hello everyone, it’s been a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
      So they now won't exchange my model even though it is not what I ordered.

Really.

I've initiated fraud action against them from my bank in Singapore.
      WOW thats appauling service, hope you get your money back.

Comment

It is very disappointing as I am a loyal customer of Analogue. I purchased the NT and SG the second they went up.

I asked them to just send me the replacement buttons. They said they can't. Now, I read on Resetera that this is what they are in fact doing. They have simply ignored my emails for 3 days, including my request for confirmation that they will refund the return shipping which is an eye watering USD125 from Singapore. No replies. No contact. Nothing.

Ghosting your customers is utterly reprehensible.

I've had my bank start fraud action against them and have already been informed that the issue has been escalated to a contact at VISA.

Comment

For the price they are charging that customer service is piss poor, personally i'd call them out on twitter let other potential customers see how poor they treat the people who have paid for one.

Lets see how long they ignore you now that visa are involved.

Comment

Have done! Just sent them the email my bank sent to VISA. In Singapore, the banks are very staunch. You don't get to **** with the customer at all. It is not tolerated.

Its just ****. I mean the products are excellent but if you treat your customers with such contempt after you have made an error then who really cares. ****ing dog company.
            Last edited by Jaz; 29-03-2019, 01:51.

Comment

Man, VISA must have rattled their ****.

For some reason, they have refunded me 197USD return shipping.

The shipping was USD125...and I never sent it as I got no confirmation from them.

I still have the Euro unit.

Also, a Japan unit is on its way to me.

Cluster. ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                Man, VISA must have rattled their ****.

For some reason, they have refunded me 197USD return shipping.

The shipping was USD125...and I never sent it as I got no confirmation from them.

I still have the Euro unit.

Also, a Japan unit is on its way to me.

Cluster. ****.
                Sounds like a right old mess but at least they are sorting it. Shouldn't have needed an intervention from Visa though.

Fingers crossed it works out all round.

Comment

I just ordered a Super NT and at the time it stated 24-48hour shipping time, after 3 days I asked what’s going on. They got back to me and said it will now be 2-3 weeks as they are moving warehouses.

Comment

I hate it when companies pull that crap, it’s false advertising. One of the reasons i’ll Never use nin nin games again as they pull that trick where they say they have it in stock when they don’t. It’s just a scummy way of getting your money up front.

The problem with analogue is they have people gushing on YouTube about them so they think they can get away with the crap they are pulling.
                    Last edited by importaku; 29-03-2019, 09:01.

Comment

sitting on the fence just now deciding weather to pull the plug and get the Super NT and the Mega SG, having a CRT tv with the original consoles, swaying weather its worth it, or just get an OSSC? its the reduced footprint and plugs/leads etc for a cleaner set up thats got me looking at these.

anyone know if they can be powered from the 5v usb of a TV?

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                        sitting on the fence just now deciding weather to pull the plug and get the Super NT and the Mega SG, having a CRT tv with the original consoles, swaying weather its worth it, or just get an OSSC? its the reduced footprint and plugs/leads etc for a cleaner set up thats got me looking at these.

That's why I got them. Small, less cables to manage, built-in cheat codes, scan lines etc.

They come with a USB adapter so I use that. Not sure if they'll run off a TV. Perhaps not?

Comment

Originally posted by gware View Post
                          I just ordered a Super NT and at the time it stated 24-48hour shipping time, after 3 days I asked what’s going on. They got back to me and said it will now be 2-3 weeks as they are moving warehouses.
                          They have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post

I’m in a similar situation. I have the original systems with a SD plasma and Sony PVM in my retro gaming man den. But the prospect of seeing how good a Mega Drive could look on my calibrated OLED TV is just too tempting. Plus it looks like the non truncated audio in the SG will help the sound too.
                            I’m not sure if the output from a TVs USB socket will be quite enough for the SG especially if you are using headphones. Analogue recommend a 2A supply which a lot of TVs USB ports won’t meet. Shame as that would be quite tidy and one less power brick.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I’m in a similar situation. I have the original systems with a SD plasma and Sony PVM in my retro gaming man den. But the prospect of seeing how good a Mega Drive could look on my calibrated OLED TV is just too tempting. Plus it looks like the non truncated audio in the SG will help the sound too.
                              I’m not sure if the output from a TVs USB socket will be quite enough for the SG especially if you are using headphones. Analogue recommend a 2A supply which a lot of TVs USB ports won’t meet. Shame as that would be quite tidy and one less power brick.
                              I see you've ordered one, i've a 4k oled as well, so be interested see what your findings are.
                              as if i do pull the trigger it will be either located with the 4k, or in the spare room on a 42" panny plasma.

Comment

The way I see it is the MD outputs at 240p so set the SG output to 720p so that’s a neat line tripling. Then it’s a neat 3 times scale to the 2160 panel. 240 into 1080 is a 4.5 times scale so not as neat. But I would think the motion would look better on your plasma. Is your plasma a full HD model?
                                I would like to see the SG on my SD plasma (480p panel) but it doesn’t have a HDMI input.
                                Last edited by CMcK; 01-04-2019, 08:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X