No announcement yet.

Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the inclusion of a game, a firm ship date of this week and the release of the the menus, plus some motivation of a rise from work I've just pulled the trigger. Should be with me next week.

Comment

I'm so tempted! I have quite a few retro consoles, but I'm really lacking 8 and 16 bit Sega. I'd planned to wait for the reviews, but I know it's almost certain to be a quality product.

Comment

I really like the look of this. However, I’d never likely play it. The same reason, I didn’t buy all of the previous offerings.

The 8BitDo M30 is INSANELY good though.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Had the console on order from the start, but the controllers arrived a few weeks back and I had a bit of a splurge at Genki to round out the cart collection on the weekend too. Based on track record and attention to detail I'm expecting these to be great, but given press got theirs last week I'd expect we'll have some detailed breakdowns of them soon.

Comment

Full reference manual is online

Comment

I see the chap who does the DF Retro bits has said he'll likely have a rundown of it live by next week. The one he did of the Super NT was really good, though it seems in lieu of a SNES Mini he's put himself through some of those notorious AT Games systems

Comment

I went to order one of these systems the other day and a Super NT as well. You are redirected to Amazon to buy the wireless controllers and I can’t order a console and pre-order another one at the same time. I don’t want to pay $50 postage twice so I’ll just have to wait until after launch.
                Nice to a high impedance headphone option on the Mega SG as my big cans take a fair bit of driving.

I’ll look forward to the DF Retro take on the system.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  The 8BitDo M30 is INSANELY good though.
                  Are all M30s 2.4g? The non-2.4g ones come with a ton of latency apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    I see the chap who does the DF Retro bits has said he'll likely have a rundown of it live by next week.
                    According to My Life in Gaming, the review embargo date is the 25 March, which is the same day it ships.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      Are all M30s 2.4g? The non-2.4g ones come with a ton of latency apparently.
                      Mine is the bluetooth one. There was a firmware update, but I didn't experience any latency even beforehand. I only use it for SFII on SwitchU though.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Good piece on the latency
                        I recently spotted a post by a member of SmokeMonster's Discord by the name of Enforcer that had been doing some input latency (lag) testing on the Krikzz Joyzz 6 button Sega Genesis/Megadrive gamepad. He had just finished testing the 8bitdo M30 2.4g controller when he made a comment that he didn't

Comment

It would be great if there was a wireless 6 button joystick from Krikzz or 8bitDo.

Comment

Just had my shipping confirmation e-mail!!!!!

Can't wait.

Comment

Look what FedEx just dropped off:

A knew taking a few days off this week would pay off!

Comment

Nice! Pictures and impressions when you can please.

Comment

Working...
                                X