X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the art for both of those carts

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Got my Mega SG adapters today. Text message requesting £19.67 in customs charges follows shortly thereafter.
      Ouch!

How much is the set going to end up costing you in total?

I'm happy to have the Master System one included as that's the one I'd probably most use out of the four, I don't own any GG gears so playing them via the jailbreak I'm sure will suffice. I have seen however that the adapters work for GG games that don't currently work via the jailbreak like a few Baseball ones and ones that require some sort of cart saving as seen here:

UPDATE : Do Not use your Analogue Game Gear 1.0 adapter anymore. Analogue has identified an issue with some of the shipped adapters which may cause the adap...

Comment

On the more positive side, I also found these guys in my postbox.
        Easily two of the best GG games. I have really fond memories of playing them on my brother's Game Gear.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-02-2020, 23:33.

Comment

Got my Mega SG adapters today. Text message requesting £19.67 in customs charges follows shortly thereafter.

On the more positive side, I also found these guys in my postbox.

Really great little portable games. I just with they were 60fps.

There are some hacks out for these two which turn them into Master System games and expand the screen size. Like most Master System conversions they're far from perfect, but they still improve the games a little I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
            Really great little portable games. I just with they were 60fps.

There are some hacks out for these two which turn them into Master System games and expand the screen size. Like most Master System conversions they're far from perfect, but they still improve the games a little I feel.
            Interesting, I'll give that a go on my Everdrive. I love the conversions people do with GG to SMS games.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Love the art for both of those carts
              The first cart, the art is clearly copied (or 'inspired by') from one of the 80s ninja films, can't remember which one, the ninja is carrying a flare or something in the film version. I had the game but don't remember the art on it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086192/

Last edited by monel; 14-02-2020, 12:39.

Comment

So it turns out the first wave of adapters sent out have got what is likely a faulty Game Gear adapter. They’re advising people to not use them and wait for a free replacement to be sent out.

I guess good news at least that I didn’t settle in this weekend for a bash at Shinobi

Comment

Something to note:

If you have the startup animation disabled (So you boot straight to the menu) then on the current firmware version the SMS core fails to load first time.

This means when you boot up an FM Audio game like Power Strike via the cartridge adpater on the first boot it won't have sound, you either have to tap reset or go to the menu and press the 'Run Cartridge' option again to fix it.

Just a heads up in case people thought some of their games were faulty in some way.

Comment

Got my GG 1.1 adapter in the post today.

Comment

Mega Sg (and all other compatible peripherals) back in stock on Analogue's website.

Comment

8AM PST / 11AM EST / 4PM UK BST / 5PM CET

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the final run of Mega Sg (and Super Nt, which I'd soon be expecting them to also announce a restocking of) that Analogue make - Pocket clearly has to be the priority for them now.
                        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-04-2022, 11:00.

Comment

There's still JPN and EU models available now, so hopefully everyone that wants one has been able to grab one. Personally I think they're great; they're compact, look the business, and with just USB power and HDMI, do everything I could want from a 8/16 bit Sega perspective.

I think some time back they talked about trying to get a core series of products into general availability, but I'm with you that their production efforts should absolutely be focused on the Pocket and gearing up for the Duo. I am gagging for the latter.

Comment

Obviously I don't really know about their production process, but it doesn't necessarily have to be either one or the other, surely? I would assume the delays with the Pocket (and Duo) are more to do with component problems as opposed to them interuprting production to re-stock the Super NT or Mega SG. Plus, we don't really know what the demand is. They might be selling far more of the consoles than they do the Pocket.

There's still JPN and EU models available now, so hopefully everyone that wants one has been able to grab one. Personally I think they're great; they're compact, look the business, and with just USB power and HDMI, do everything I could want from a 8/16 bit Sega perspective.
                            Completely agree! I love my Mega SG!

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                              Obviously I don't really know about their production process, but it doesn't necessarily have to be either one or the other, surely? I would assume the delays with the Pocket (and Duo) are more to do with component problems as opposed to them interuprting production to re-stock the Super NT or Mega SG. Plus, we don't really know what the demand is. They might be selling far more of the consoles than they do the Pocket.
                              This is the first time in six/seven months that the Mega Sg has been restocked, so they're definitely not outselling the Pocket (a machine that has been scarce itself!).

It's obviously just my opinion, but Analogue have been known to retire past hardware after a few runs. As [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] rightly says, there was talk of Analogue ditching that pattern to make a "core" set of hardware regularly available but I personally just wonder if the ongoing chip shortage/pandemic has made that more hassle than its worth at the current time.

What is clear is that the Pocket is Analogue's breakout hardware by a distance. It's brought them into the mainstream. It doesn't have to be the priority but then why wouldn't it be?

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] I too am gagging for the Analogue Duo, but I'd be shocked if we saw it available before 2024.

Comment

Working...
                                X