Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    I didn't know there was a Mega-CD version. I had sold my MD and MCD to help pay for my 3DO BITD so lost track of MCD releases.
    The game only came out in the USA

I have Road Rash on the Mega/SEGA CD it is the Mega Drive version of Part III with all the rock music from the 3DO menu screens played in-game and better sound effects (than the MD cart). Its really nice, but I thought Road Rash III on the MD wasn't a patch on Part II and at the time I was really disappointed it never used the ASIC chip for more effects

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Gold Pack Two also uses the original audio but now its either perfectly emulated or processed by the Saturn from digital code. No redbook CD streaming in that pack.
      On a related note, I've always wondered why the Saturn needed to stream the music off the CD in games like Sonic Jam or Thunder Force and Power Drift and not just played via CD-DA. I couldn't see CD space being an issue with the likes of Power Drift or Thunder Force ports on the Saturn, given the limited number of tracks and how the likes of Thunder Force III/IV are on-rails

Comment

Yikes £55 for import duty and “advance payments” to DHL. My Mega SD should arrive tomorrow.

Comment

It’s all kicked off on the Terraonion forums regarding the import duty. Many people believe they were ripped off due to TO not being transparent with their location. When a lot of people ordered they were located in the EU but moved to Andorra when shipping was due to take place. Andorra isn’t part of the EU so import fees now apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
            https://forums.terraonion.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1066

It’s all kicked off on the Terraonion forums regarding the import duty. Many people believe they were ripped off due to TO not being transparent with their location. When a lot of people ordered they were located in the EU but moved to Andorra when shipping was due to take place. Andorra isn’t part of the EU so import fees now apply.
            Wow, that's slimy.

Comment

I thought Terraonion moved to Andorra months ago? Wasn’t that one of the reasons for delaying the announcement?

Comment

It must be a recent thing as I ordered a Neo SD Pro from them and I didn’t get charged import fees. The Mega SD seems to have straddled the move between Spain and Andorra and impacted the shipping.

Comment

Yea, I won’t buy one while this is the case.

Comment

For me the move to Andorra is a plus. Now I won't get hit with the stupid EU import tax like I did with the Neo SD. I understand the move sucks for those in the EU but for some of us it's a good thing.
                    When I bought the Neo SD I had to pay the equivalent of 40 pounds in tax.

Comment

My MegaSD is here! And I haven’t organised the contents of my SD card properly so I can’t select individual CD games. Doh! Still the cart and packing look good and it runs fine on my Mega SG. I’ll get back to sorting the files out later...

Comment

I'm sure this has been asked, but has anyone noticed any genuine difference between this and say a pi running on a CRT with software emulation? I've picked up a couple of Japanese MD games recently and was just planning on rebuying an original console, but this seems an interesting prospect. However I'm wondering if most of the console's hype is just marketing? It's a genuine question, not a dig, as aesthetically I think they are lovely. Just want the best experience.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

The Analogue Mega SG is a cracking piece of kit. I don’t use a Pi so can’t compare but the SG feels totally authentic. Adding the Mega SD gives you the full on Mega CD experience and is arguably the ultimate flash cart for the Mega Drive and compatibles.
                          My first impression of the Mega SD are very positive. I like the Euro demo scene style interface. Games load quickly, the sound is clear and accurate and all of the games I’ve tried so far seem just like they should. I’m using ver 2.00 BIOS for US Sega CD. After registering the device I see the new firmware that supports Virtua Racing isn’t available yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            The Analogue Mega SG is a cracking piece of kit. I don’t use a Pi so can’t compare but the SG feels totally authentic. Adding the Mega SD gives you the full on Mega CD experience and is arguably the ultimate flash cart for the Mega Drive and compatibles.
                            My first impression of the Mega SD are very positive. I like the Euro demo scene style interface. Games load quickly, the sound is clear and accurate and all of the games I’ve tried so far seem just like they should. I’m using ver 2.00 BIOS for US Sega CD. After registering the device I see the new firmware that supports Virtua Racing isn’t available yet.
                            Its bloody amazing, what a product !!!!

Comment

CEX are now selling these and Super NTs (in case you have a garage full of dvds you're looking to trade in)

Comment

Hilarious prices

Comment

Working...
                                X