No announcement yet.

Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marking a near $200 item at $10 seems a bit unprofessional. I mean sure it dodges customs but what if it gets lost? Wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Comment

I guess if its fully tracked at least you have an idea where it is, which in theory should make it harder to lose; if you have something untracked and undervalued you're asking for trouble. That's what I subscribe to with Japan items from ebay if they are willing to undervalue, ebays global shipping isnt cheap and takes ages from 13ten.

Overall, you are right though.

Comment

Originally posted by devilcrush View Post
        Are there any UK based Super NT owners who bought direct from Analogue - did you get hit with customs?
        I had an additional bill of around £39 on top of the shipping costs for customs/tax. Completely forgot that I might get hit with that, so it was a bit of an unpleasant surprise. I also managed to order the wrong controllers from 8bitdo, so that's something else to watch out for. The ones that say they are compatible with the SNES mini are NOT compatible with bluetooth (this includes the 8bitdo wireless SNES adapter).

Overall though despite the issues and extra expense the Super Nt has been worth it for me. Having a system that I can hook up to main TV or gaming monitor, with the ability to plug in the real cartridges and have them run flawlessly is unbeatable in my opinion.

I quickly realised that having access to ALL games via emulation/raspi just didn't feel right, OCD and all that with various settings never quite seeming correct, that and I was always stuck with what to play as I had too much choice. This setup works much better for me

I'm just gutted that I sold off all my MegaDrive stuff a couple of years back, due to the lack of decent options for playing on modern TVs. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy some of those games back for a reasonable price, so for now I will just have to stick to exploring the SNES library with the Super Nt.

Comment

Originally posted by devilcrush View Post
          This looks like a nice piece of kit (not too sure about the pure white offering but it certainly is different). Looks like there's no volume slider so I wonder how many menus you'll have to navigate to adjust volume when playing through headphones or whether you can do it through a joypad hotkey mapping?

I'm expecting this to be excellent, but I am going to wait for reviews before I order. Are there any UK based Super NT owners who bought direct from Analogue - did you get hit with customs?
          I got hit with a £48 DHL customs bill 2 weeks ago for my Super NT, I don't know why its more than the £39 everyone else seems to have got hit for. I only ordered the machine as well (no controllers).

Comment

My SuperNT was delivered by DHL and and had no customs fee, I’m hoping the SG is the same!

Comment

I had to pay £39 customs . they didn't mark my package down so got hi with the full wak by DHL

Comment

Originally posted by mattyr64 View Post
                I'm just gutted that I sold off all my MegaDrive stuff a couple of years back, due to the lack of decent options for playing on modern TVs. I don't think I'll ever be able to buy some of those games back for a reasonable price, so for now I will just have to stick to exploring the SNES library with the Super Nt.
                Buying SNES games is a hell of a lot more expensive than mega drive games though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                  Buying SNES games is a hell of a lot more expensive than mega drive games though.
                  Very true. However, as a pauper I grew up with a MD, the SNES library now has the advantage of having loads of games that I've not yet played. Fortunately, I'm not too bothered about building a large collection of games anymore. I'm more than content to have a couple to play through, then exchange them for others as I complete them, get bored or give up!

Comment

Ugh, so tempted but the shipping cost and likelihood of being shafted on customs is really putting me off.

Comment

From Analogue's twitter account

We're stoked to announce that every Mega Sg includes an unreleased Sega Genesis (sic) game. The only known source code of the game was stored on a dead hard drive that was *barely* recovered. In 1994, Digital Illusions (DICE) cancelled a AAA, 99% complete Sega Genesis game called Hardcore. For 23 years, Hardcore has gone unreleased. It has become one of the most sought after unreleased video games. We're thrilled to announce that Hardcore is being released for the first time ever on Mega Sg.

Hardcore is a fast paced, euro-style run'n'gun, space base thriller. We're dedicated to preserving this piece of video game history and Hardcore is included digitally on each Mega Sg system.

Comment

Looks decent. Like something from the Amiga.

Comment

Looks and sounds like an
                          Amiga game. Are we absolutely sure this is a megadrive game!?

Comment

Hardcore was developed by DICE for Psygnosis and was canned late in the Megadrive era as part of a 14 game cull as they moved on to the PlayStation. Has that distinctive European look with the metallic shading ala The Bitmap Brothers. Apparently there was an Amiga version too but it was also canned.
                            I think I’m going to order an Analogue Mega SG (and Super NT while I’m there). I was going to wait for the initial reviews but I’m confident they’ll deliver out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Are we absolutely sure this is a megadrive game!?
                              It does look like an A500 game, with a similar palette to something like Gods. Seeing Psygnosis were involved, it might have been developed for the Amiga and then they decided to change over to the Mega Drive. It sure looks like that might have happened.

Whatever the case, I think it looks really good. I look forward to playing it.

Comment

Boot up

Menu and options
                                Last edited by NecronomiconUK; 18-03-2019, 19:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X