No announcement yet.

Analogue Mega Sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do owners of the Mega Sg think of the bundled game Ultracore?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      What do owners of the Mega Sg think of the bundled game Ultracore?
      It's pretty good actually. It looks like something The Bitmap Brothers would have put out on the Amiga but it plays surprisingly well. It's a little messy in places but it's easy to forgive it for that. It's nice that it's coming to all consoles so that everyone can play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
        It's pretty good actually. It looks like something The Bitmap Brothers would have put out on the Amiga but it plays surprisingly well. It's a little messy in places but it's easy to forgive it for that.
        Yeah, looks like it was developed for the Amiga. I can see it runs well with decent animation etc... Should feel good to play.

I might buy a Mega Sg. Does it offer the option to save states?

Comment

No save states unfortunately, I don’t think the FPGA can support it. That being said though it is a lovely piece of kit, if you don’t mind the price tag it’ll blow the MD Mini out of the water. Definitely the better option of the two.

Comment

No save states unfortunately, I don’t think the FPGA can support it.
            My Everdrive has support for 'save states' but it's said to be a bit temperamental. I need to test it out more.

That being said though it is a lovely piece of kit, if you don’t mind the price tag it’ll blow the MD Mini out of the water. Definitely the better option of the two.
            It's definitely an attractive piece of kit because it's FPGA. I would order one now if I had money to throw around. I don't really need it though, so I'll probably only buy one if I happen to have lots of spare cash at some point. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Has anyone that ordered the SG in the last few weeks received it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                Has anyone that ordered the SG in the last few weeks received it yet?
                I ordered a couple of weeks ago, took a week from order date to get it in my hands.
                I ordered the Japan version

Comment

not sure if this has been mentioned but if you contact FedEx you can ask them for a £12 refund, as they add this on themselves as a 'release fee' which isn't actually legal (it's nothing to do with customs and you can see the breakdown of this added cost on the notice). I got a £12 credit after paying the £41 for customs. sly gits

Comment

I knew that it wasn't part of the actual customs charge and was a fee that they charge on top for pre-paying the charge for you, but I wasn't aware of anyone having any luck getting them to remove it. I've tried it with Royal Mail and the like before too and got nowhere, so fair play to you!

It's also one of the reasons I don't mind pre-paying customs charges through amazon .com / .jp - sure you'll pay the tax, but you'll not have your item get delayed, and then have one of these charges whalloped on top.

Comment

yeh there is info about it online and an email template you can use to send to FedEx, they shouldn't be adding £12 on at all, you pay for your shipping with the seller which covers ALL shipping costs to your address...customs/import is separate.

Parcel force and Royal mail do the same but the situation with them is slightly different as they deliver you package in the UK (and are not the sending courier), and usually free of charge (unless you have customs/import to pay).

but legit couriers like FedEx, DHL, UPS etc you pay once up front and covers to entire trip from door to door....I bet they make millions of this £12 charge as people are unaware that it's b**locks.

Comment

I've given it a go.
                        But I got my invoice and have already paid it last weekend so I've asked them to credit my payment card with the £12.
                        No harm trying I suppose!

Comment

Just to let you guys know that the hack firmware is now out there on Github. Let's you play roms via SD card for Mega Drive, Master System, Game Gear and Colecovision.

Comment

I’m pleased the jailbreak is out. I’ll finally be able to play Gulkave with the correct colour.

Comment

My Mega SG has been sitting in the FedEx warehouse about 30 miles from here since Friday. Damn you flexible dates for religious festivals. FedEx were quick in getting their give us money message to me though.

Comment

Both the SG and NT are available and ships in 24/48 hrs and now has combined shipping.
                                Last edited by beecee; 23-04-2019, 09:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X