Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardgames, Card Games and RPG Adventures (Board Games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few Kickstarter projects of note.

Marvel United by CMON is in its last 12 hours now.
    It's nudging ever-closer to £2m in pledges and they've unlocked a ton of extras.
    I love the look of it (more the chibi minis that the artwork, tbh), but it's an absolute money pit if you want all-in.

So there's a base game ($60) with a load of extra characters unlocked and then some add-on packs.
    It's $190 all-in.
    Base game:
    Infinity Gauntlet:
    Return of the Sinister Six:
    Rise of the Black Panther:
    Tales of Asgard:
    Guardians of the Galaxy Remix:
    Enter The Spidey-Verse:

Comment

A bit more to my budget is the $10 Mint Control.

Now Mint Works is still one of my fave games (played it yesterday!), so every new Mint Tin game is a no-brainer for me.
      I have Mint Delivery already and Mint Cooperative is due in April.

You can get Mint Control and pay a bit extra to get another game, so I'd highly recommend getting Control and Works!

Comment

Chronicles of Crime: The Millennium Series

You need the VR and app-driven base game, but Lucky Duck are releasing three new adventures based in three different time zones 1400, 1900 and 2400.

I have the base game and want to play it more, but love the look of these themed add-ons!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          A bit more to my budget is the $10 Mint Control.

Now Mint Works is still one of my fave games (played it yesterday!), so every new Mint Tin game is a no-brainer for me.
          I have Mint Delivery already and Mint Cooperative is due in April.

You can get Mint Control and pay a bit extra to get another game, so I'd highly recommend getting Control and Works!

I wanted to give Mint Works a go but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            I wanted to give Mint Works a go but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.
            Yeah, it doesn't seem available again.

You could back Mint Control, but that's not due until October.
            I would imagine that once Mint Cooperative arrives, some shops will have some stock.

It's due in April, but there's no hope in hell this will ever be on time with Coronavirus delaying everything in China.

Comment

Received this today.

It was in the sale over at Chaos Cards for £9, and its had decent reviews over on BGG. The card art is gorgeous, and even tho’ we’ve yet to play it (aiming for tomorrow night), after reading the instructions a couple of times, I’ve a feeling that we’ll all enjoy it.

Comment

That looks interesting. Any good, SG?

Played some "That's Pretty Clever" and "Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle" with the family. Love the Potter game. I need to try Alien: Legendary Encounters, because I think I like deck building games.

Tried a couple of games with friends over Zoom. Used the app for The Chameleon, which is currently free. Works better with higher numbers, but still fun.

Connected in on my laptop and phone, with the latter showing Deep Sea Adventure!
                Worked quite well, but my back wishes I'd set it up on a table, rather than the floor!

Loads more I want to be learning, though, but not much time.

Comment

I was thinking of buying this:

Has anyone played it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post

Has anyone played it?
                    My brother has it & all the expansion packs

It's in this lot somewhere

Let me ask him what it's like & let you know

Neil

Comment

That looks interesting. Any good, SG?
                      We’ve played it twice every evening after tea. Game takes about 10 minutes or so. It has simple game mechanics, with subtle strategy involved. The kids like it a lot, which is the main thing.

I think the kids are ready for a more strategic challenge. I was looking at Agricola Family Edition on Chaos Cards, and it was in the sale for £16.99. I procrastinated for too long (a couple of days), and now it’s sold out - just my luck!

I’ve always enjoyed playing Carcassonne on my iPad, so I’m contemplating picking that up next pay day (£35 ish at Games365).

I think those two games I mentioned are the next step up with regards to strategy, but there are so many board games out there, I feel spoilt for choice.
                      Last edited by Super Grover; 30-04-2020, 21:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post

Has anyone played it?
                        Spoke to my brother today & he said 7 Wonders is one of his favourite games
                        He does recommend grabbing the expansions as well but he said it plays a great game & is well worth getting

Neil

Comment

I got Arkham Horror: The Card Game for my birthday. Yay!

Comment

Awesome, had my beady eye on that. Let us know how it plays, and Happy Birthday!

Comment

Keep eyeing that up in my brothers stash as well
                              Little bit sad it's not a Batman horror game though

Comment

Seeing as I've had to sell off my Gibson Les Paul I've made up for it by completing my Descent 2E set. All box expansions, all hero and monster collections, all lieutenant packs. Done. Now I just need to find someone to play with.

I even managed to get an ultra-rare OOP Hero & Monster pack off of Amazon Singapore for the win (Stewards of the Secret). I just have to hope that my wife's friend's house doesn't burn down before she sends it out in a few weeks.

Then I go and find a local online shop that has an abundance of Imperial Assault with all the expansions. I REALLY want to get into that, but now is probably not the best time. The thing is I wouldn't need EVERYTHING - just the OT-related bits.

Comment

Working...
                                X