Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardgames, Card Games and RPG Adventures (Board Games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    We are watching some Grease sing-a-long.

Shoot. Me. Dead.
    Wait there was a Sing A Long version of Grease???

You must Tell me more, Tell me more, tell me...

Anyway

My brother had a new addition to his collection over Christmas, this time it was an expansion for his Marvel Legendary Deck Building game

Neil

Comment

Nice Grease joke!

Marvel Legendary is pretty well received.
      I've yet to play my Alien version!

Comment

Have any of you played Pokemon Trading Card Game? I got a Training Kit package for my son as a stocking filler for Christmas. We played though it today and then had a couple of games. It's quite limited as its main focus is to hand hold you both through the game (the packs are even strategically stacked in a particular order so that the cards and paper guide align up like a script. It's left us hungry for more.

Any suggestions on what we do next? Do we buy a couple of 60 card decks or something?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Nice Grease joke!
          Why thank...I'm here all week

Originally posted by QualityChimp
          Marvel Legendary is pretty well received.
          I've yet to play my Alien version!
          Yeah from what I've played it's good.
          Looking forward to getting into the Secret Wars stuff.

Neil

Comment

legendary is an amazing game i love it! Apocalypse is an arse though lol

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Have any of you played Pokemon Trading Card Game? I got a Training Kit package for my son as a stocking filler for Christmas. We played though it today and then had a couple of games. It's quite limited as its main focus is to hand hold you both through the game (the packs are even strategically stacked in a particular order so that the cards and paper guide align up like a script. It's left us hungry for more.

Any suggestions on what we do next? Do we buy a couple of 60 card decks or something?
              Don't worry guys, I've discovered Pokémon Trading Card Game Online!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Don't worry guys, I've discovered Pokémon Trading Card Game Online!
                How does it compare to the original Game Boy game?

Comment

Originally posted by HailMary View Post
                  How does it compare to the original Game Boy game?
                  Oh my goodness, I forgot about this! I don't know. Never played it. Although, a quick look on Google seems to indicate that it's very decent! May have to get this on my SNES mini right now!

The free download I've been playing is good, although I a bit overwhelmed regarding the different card pack themes. I'm not sure what you do with them. Whether you can mix them up and build decks I'm not sure yet. But the game pits you against some AI challenge paths which are good for learning the game, well for me anyway. You can get it on your PC, Mac or tablet. I did manage to get it on my Galaxy 8, but the text is so tiny.

Comment

I'll certainly have a look. And I know what you mean about it being confusing now. I used to collect the 1st gen and the Team Rocket packs as a kid and now there's like a load of different packs and themes, I can't keep up haha

Comment

Hey welcome to the forum dude!

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Caught up with some mates last night and played a bunch of games.

Escape the Dark Castle was great, like a choose your own adventure as you cooperatively try to beat the obstacles preventing your freedom.

The Mind is one of those simple ideas that are brilliant. You have cards numbered 1-100 and have to place them in sequential order - without talking about it!

Mint Works I've mentioned before but they didn't seem to love it as much as me.

Dropmix is made by Harmonix (yes, that Harmonix) and Hasbro but has been discontinued in the UK so Amazon etc are shifting stock cheap.
                          Basically, you're asked to drop playing cards onto a Bluetooth reader to score points but you can't play cards of lower value.
                          As you drop the cards on, it creates a new mix, so you'll have the drums from Take Me Out, the guitar from The Jackson Five and the vocals from Down With The Sickness, which sounds horrendous, but there's some kind of alchemy that makes it a modern miracle!
                          Thankfully, the game is fun too with loads of modes like co-op, versus, party and freestyle.

Comment

Was round my brothers today hooking up my old AV setup for him which took a couple of hours but I managed a few minutes away to take some sneaky snaps of his frankly bonkers board game collection

He has just a few

Neil

Comment

A lot of them look unopened!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                A lot of them look unopened!
                                Lol yes there are a few

He's as bad as me with movies & video games

Neil

Comment

Working...