Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardgames, Card Games and RPG Adventures (Board Games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a crazy amount of board games!

Are they what he’s purchased, been given, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
      That’s a crazy amount of board games!

Are they what he’s purchased, been given, or both?
      Some are presents but practically all are purchased

He works for Wayland Games so gets a significant discount & sometimes gets the opportunity to take overtime in store credit

He also has a feck ton of miniatures based games, core rule books for RPG & also Magic, DBZ, Transformers & Cardfight Vanguard CCG cards not in those pictures

He is bonkers for them

Neil

Comment

You and your brother seem to have an endless supply of awesome stuff!

Beats of Balance is currently half price on Amazon at £29.99.
        It's an augmented balancing game that feels like a cross between Jenga and Pokémon as you balance the beasts on the interactive plinth and they evolve.

It's really clever and my son was crazy for it at the UKGE, so I convinced him to spend some of his Christmas money on it and it arrived today, but didn't get chance to play it.

Beasts of Balance digital tabletop hybrid stacking family game, ages 6+. Build towers and stack magical artefacts. Free app for iOs, Android and Amazon Fire. 25 PCS https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N1KM2..._Ig5tCbY3Z1AQE

Comment

Haulage!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
            Haulage!

Oh wow! Where'd you get these?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Oh wow! Where'd you get these?
              Here you go my man ...

Comment

QC! Anyone! I'm looking for some game recommendations for two players only. Some fun stuff that works one on one. Any ideas?

Comment

@Dogg_Thang

Board and Cards: Clank - and its expansions - work extremely well in 2-player, perhaps even better than 3 or 4 (which it can go up to). Deck-building, dungeon-crawling game. Much fun and not too long to play.

Cards Only: Mage Wars is 2-players only, also Netrunner. Much more time-consuming, especially Mage Wars.

Board only: Onitama. A Japanese-themed riff on chess (obviously 2-player only). Only two types of piece but their available move-sets changes with every turn. Really stylish board etc., and quick and fun to play. I prefer it to chess.
                  Last edited by Golgo; 21-05-2019, 15:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    QC! Anyone! I'm looking for some game recommendations for two players only. Some fun stuff that works one on one. Any ideas?
                    Some nice suggestions in here:
                    Looking for a new board game to spice up your game night? We found the 10 best two-player board games, perfect for couples to play or for two friends.

Comment

Great! Thanks guys. I really appreciate the recommendations.

Comment

Hopefully I’ll have the boy this weekend so we can crack into this lot. It’s all been sat here for about three weeks now!

Have to say we were a little disappointed with the pulls from the regular packs included in all the Detective Pikachu sets, although we only need #13 to complete the DP set. Plus the promos from Waterstones and the cinema.

Comment

Lots of cards there matey!

Show us any prized cards you come across!

Comment

Anyone into boardgames then this is a must, i remember playing the original as a kid as one of my friends had it. Has a indiana jones vibe as you go around the island till the damn volcano erupts and the marbles start causing havoc. Never expected another comany would remake it as the original due to it's legendary status is extremely expensive and rather rare to find complete as it has a bazillion small parts. The remade version looks even more fun than i remember i'm actually tempted to get hold of it. The company that is making it now even has expansions to add even more fun to the thing.

Here's a rundown of how it plays
                            Last edited by importaku; 21-05-2019, 23:01.

Comment

So out of 94 packs this is what we got:

11 GX, one Rainbow Rare, a Trainer full art and a gold Trainer.

And out of the Detective packs we still didn’t get the one we’re missing, which it turns out is #17, Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Really Depends what type of thing you are after.

Any of the legendary games are great, there are some good themes with that as well. Marvel, Firefly, Alien, Predator, Buffy!

For a mini skirmish game there is Warhammer Underworlds which is a lot of fun.

Card games there are 1v1 games such as game of thrones, Magic the gathering and a new game which is quite fun called keyforged (Every deck is unique!)

Coop card games such as lord of the rings LCG or Arkham Horror LCG are great fun also

Card Skirmish games such as summoner wars or Mage Wars are very good also.

The new lord of the rings board game is a fun coop as well and uses an App, or if lord of the rings isn't your thing there is a coop star wars game called imperial assault which is similar

If your looking for something a bit more in depth there is Twilight Struggle (Personal Favorite) and 1960's Making of a president.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/browse/boardgame is a great website for game reviews

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X