Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boardgames, Card Games and RPG Adventures (Board Games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to our little board/card game collection. Kingdomino is a tile laying game where you try to join various lands to score points. Game plays out in roughly 20 minutes. Everyone seems to enjoy it which is the main thing, as I was using this to gauge how receptive the family were to a tile laying game. Based on this, I’ve gone and ordered Carcassonne, which is due to arrive sometime next week.

Comment

Still waiting for Carcassonne, so I bought Splendor in the interim.

We’ve only been playing with 3 players due to the wife working longer hours (keyworker), but my daughter has yet to lose a single game, which is vexing both me and my son.

Comment

Received Carcassonne yesterday.

Played a couple of ‘learning the rules as we play’ type of games so far. Jury is still out if we are going to bond with it, whereas the 3 previous games we bought we liked straight away. Time will tell.

Comment

I really enjoyed Splendour, SG.
          I like the tactile feel of the coins as you play, making you feel like a trader at a bazaar!

I took a punt on London as it was about £7 on Amazon.

"Tasked with rebuilding London in the decades following the great fire, players juggle building requirements, bank loans, and poverty as they strive to realise their vision for the city.

The game features a unique mechanism of playing cards to develop the city, then "running" the city by taking all the card actions simultaneously. Players have to repay all their loans before the game ends, but need to worry only about how much poverty they're creating relative to the other players."

Put it on the growing to-play pile. :/

Last edited by QualityChimp; 19-05-2020, 15:39.

Comment

^ Never mind that. Where's our Arkham Horror Card Game review?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              ^ Never mind that. Where's our Arkham Horror Card Game review?
              Same...tell us!!

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] - £7!?!? Went to Amazon and it’s now £15.95 - boo! Added to my wish list. Let us know your thoughts once you’ve played it.

Comment

[MENTION=7193]Super Grover[/MENTION] my brother just sent me some pics of some things you might like

Didn't get many just grabbed a pre-release or something but I thought they were cool

Neil

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] Very nice mate. Your brother has some cracking cards there. Full disclosure, I’m collecting the Kaiju set myself, but only the foil variants. Got 8 so far, with another 3 on the way. Tried to take a quick pic just now but the light not good enough for a decent shot. Will do so later in the week. I got the Death Corona card first, as I was weary about it being discontinued, but it’s price is around £40, whereas the King Ghidorah card is going for about £10 more!? I’m intending on picking up the Jap only variants (x3) too. I also pre-ordered the MTG Secret Lair Godzilla lands set. Sigh, this thread is destroying my wallet!

Comment

King Caesar is good at fitbaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                        [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] Very nice mate. Your brother has some cracking cards there. Full disclosure, I’m collecting the Kaiju set myself, but only the foil variants. Got 8 so far, with another 3 on the way. Tried to take a quick pic just now but the light not good enough for a decent shot. Will do so later in the week. I got the Death Corona card first, as I was weary about it being discontinued, but it’s price is around £40, whereas the King Ghidorah card is going for about £10 more!? I’m intending on picking up the Jap only variants (x3) too. I also pre-ordered the MTG Secret Lair Godzilla lands set. Sigh, this thread is destroying my wallet!
                        Yeah thought they were pretty sweet
                        Glad to hear you got Corona ok in the end
                        I'll look forward to your pics
                        I have no idea on card values but seems weird Ghidorah is higher value than the iffy named Corona lol

Ha ha well we do what we can to help you spend

Neil

Comment

Pretty disappointed that the baby Godzilla cards don't say Godzooky

Comment

Recent purchase.

A lite deck building game. This version is sort of a getaway game to the more heavier version and its expansions. It took a few games to iron out the gameplay questions that arose, partly due to the instructions not being fully comprehensive (had to use BGG Q&A section). I find it plays better with 3/4 players rather than 2.

As an aside, no idea what the artist/inker was thinking for the colour scheme of the Brontosaurus(?) on the front of the box!

Comment

My daughter is Scooby-Doo fan, so bought this for her as a present for doing well in her end of year exams.

Comment

I don’t even like Monopoly, but Godzilla Monopoly ...

Comment

Working...
                                X