Retro Arena: EA Mega Drive Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    I think it's because it's a very corporate business that has a rep for taking advantage of developers.
    Sadly its a corp, so I don't look at that anymore (given creed of shareholders) and just care and go about the games

Its EA Sports games are largely responsible for the success of the Genesis. The broad range of Mega Drive games in the UK also helped the machine appeal to all ages.
    It's easy to think that, but one of the 1st ever 3rd parties games I bought for my Mega Drive was Battle Squarden and Populus, which were amazing games and I had such a fab time with the various Wing Comannder games on the PC, 3DO and Mega CD. EA were a true force on the MD and must have helped to sell the system and with out EA, the 3DO would have been a waste of time.

I might be the only one, but I like the current gen stuff from EA too.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

It's easy to think that, but one of the 1st ever 3rd parties games I bought for my Mega Drive was Battle Squarden and Populus,
      Both good games for the MD. But there's no doubt that sports games like Madden sold the Genesis in the American market. EA struck gold with Madden, NHL, NBA etc....

the 3DO would have been a waste of time.
      As much as I like Crash 'N Burn -- without Need for Speed and Road Rash, my time with the 3DO wouldn't have been so special. Both games from EA are 3DO classics that gave people a huge amount of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

As much as I like Crash 'N Burn -- without Need for Speed and Road Rash, my time with the 3DO wouldn't have been so special. Both games from EA are 3DO classics that gave people a huge amount of fun.
        EA were the 3DO and very much like SNK and the Neo Geo;In the same way SNK and the Neo were far more than just about Vs Fighters
        EA were more than just about Sports games. I loved playing the likes of Star Flight, Wing Commander, The Immortal, Desert Strike, F22 Interceptor, Road Rash II

Comment

The Immortal
          I remember getting the Amiga version as a present -- and I really wanted to enjoy it. But I found it really frustrating... to the point where I just gave up trying. It's a great looking game though.

Comment

Working...
          X