The King of Fighters XV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    What does KOF need to sit alongside the likes of SF nowaday?

I thought about it for 30 seconds and interestingly my first thought was roster size. However, this is something I've loved the idea of. Loads to choose from, but then maybe it's the overwhelming decision of which fighters to go with. Probably especially daunting for newcomers. I think SFV started slim and grew gradually. But then, KOF is teams of 3.

What you guys think?
    The roster in XIV was pretty damn big and they did a good job of covering lots of different styles and countries, introducing new South American characters for example. I don't think they need to make the roster any bigger in the next game for it to sit alongside Street Fighter. The main thing they have to do is release it as a complete, actually finished game. Obviously there'll be DLC and stuff later, but if they can release the game in such a state that it feels like a finished product that's actually had enough time spent on it, then it'll immediately be better than SFV.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      What does KOF need to sit alongside the likes of SF nowaday?

I thought about it for 30 seconds and interestingly my first thought was roster size. However, this is something I've loved the idea of. Loads to choose from, but then maybe it's the overwhelming decision of which fighters to go with. Probably especially daunting for newcomers. I think SFV started slim and grew gradually. But then, KOF is teams of 3.

What you guys think?
      Roster size is definitely one of the benefits of KOF titles. SF tends to build up to a large roster but KOF will often have 30+ characters off the bat (its why KOF XII having 20 characters on release was so strange even though it looked super gorgeous).

My hopes are that SNK goes with something more cell-shaded for KOF XV but with a harder edge (so it looks like ASW's recent offerings but more mature/gritty). SNK is clearly gearing up for releasing the game on next-gen so I'm looking forward to it (there's a high possiblity it'll be released on PS4/PS5 and Switch given the latter's emerging popularity).

EDIT: I think there's a possibility there will be a teaser trailer for KOF XV at Evo Japan 2020 (didn't SNK confirm its coming out this year? I could be imagining this though).
      Last edited by Paddy; 13-01-2020, 20:04.

Comment

It's happening!

Comment

Leaked screens:

Comment

Sigh anyone getting sick of trailers showing very little actual game play ?

Still looks ok but tbh would much rather see a actual match lol
            Last edited by eastyy; 08-01-2021, 02:58.

Comment

I would be really excited for this, but with SNK's recent buyout, I'm going to have to abstain. I have great sympathy for their staff.

Comment

I like the look of it. But yeah, some gameplay with HUD would be nice.

Comment

A character trailer for Shun'ei with some tiny gameplay snippets

Comment

Comment

I really wish they could put people in their backgrounds. The rest of the team would be great as well - it's been 23 years since they last did that.

Comment

Comment

Looks like his ex rekka (0:20) launches?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X