User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by randombs View Post
    These days I import UK games.

Crazy!
    I dream of a video or article where a Japanese gamer has been hell bent on importing obscure (to Japan) western imports. Imagine...

"and here is my LucasArts collection. Oh and here is my Football and Champ Manager collection!"

Quote Originally Posted by randombs View Post
    Wall-to-wall My Little Pony Wii games

"I'll never forget Christmas 1990 when I found this under my tree. The GX4000!"

I wonder, did this get imported?
    Last edited by hudson; 05-11-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Imagine if there are some hardcore Japanese people who imported PAL 50Hz-compatible TVs and played 50Hz games as they were meant to be played in 50Hz regions

Quote Originally Posted by hudson View Post
    I dream of a video or article where a Japanese gamer has been hell bent on importing obscure (to Japan) western imports. Imagine...

"and here is my LucasArts collection. Oh and here is my Football and Champ Manager collection!"
    There ARE shops in Tokyo which cater to this - or at least there were back in the 2000s.

Someone out there needs to make a video about it. The import scene in Japan from the 90's.

That's a really good idea there must be a market for that, there is for everythibg else in the world. People collect video 2000 tapes etc.

We joke about it but surely there is a market for it? We are fascinated over Japanese boxart... who’s to say there aren’t people within Japanese society who find interest in Maria Whittaker being plastered over the cover of Barbarian? Maybe there are others who trawl through The Bard’s Tale for the Commodore 64 in spite of the language barrier, who perhaps have learnt just the essential English phrases such as “start tape” and “stop tape”?

Guys, we need to make this happen. We have users here that reside in Japan.

Bordersdown presents...

...a photo of randombs's Lego Jurassic World box!