Gladiator II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gladiator II

After nearly two decades of talk about it, Ridley Scott is going back to the Colosseum and has begun proper development of a sequel to 2000’s “Gladiator” at Paramount Pictures. “The Town” and “12 Strong” scribe Peter Craig, who recently turned in a script for a new take on “Logan’s Run,” has been hired to […]

We're already getting 4 Avatar movies so why not another belated sequel no-ones asking for?

Not content with burying the Alien franchise, Ridley Scott has now reportedly started actively working on the long rumoured sequel to Gladiator. No news yet on the plot but it's expected to follow Maximus's son.

I hope they use Nick Cave's crazy and f script for the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      it's expected to follow Maximus's son.
      The dead one?!

Comment

No spoilers!

Comment

I’m sure it was hinted at throughout the film that Lucious was also Maximus’s son also.

Comment

I haven’t seen Gladiator but now I know that everybody is everyone else’s son and I think I have a good handle on what it’s about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I haven’t seen Gladiator but now I know that everybody is everyone else’s son and I think I have a good handle on what it’s about now.
              Also there were Romans in it. Don’t forget that.

Comment

I hope Jet and Wolf's in this one

Comment

The original Gladiator was a fine film but, with regards to a sequel, I'd sooner watch a movie about Commodus' father than any of his sons. His father was, of course, Marcus Aurelius, who is traditionally recognised as the last of the the Five Good Emperors and the brilliant Stoic philosopher whose book 'Meditations' continues to this day inspire millions. I mean, just check out his thoughts:

The dude's an inspiration, a beacon, a rock in a storm, a raft to the other shore. They should teach this stuff in schools so that children are equipped with the tools necessary to face life, all of life, calmly and cheerfully so that they handle loss and rejection and disappointment with grace and perspective, and anchor them to something a little more noble and sturdy than circumstance. Alas, the education system wasn't designed to foster the best in kids nor is it concerned with their lifelong happiness. It exists to pump a load of dead facts into kids so that they can go get a job and become obedient consumers and taxpayers.

Comment

He’s 83, but filmmaker Ridley Scott ain’t slowing down one bit. Scott has two films completed and ready for release in the next few months with “House of Gucci” and “The Last Duel”. His next feature to shoot is his Napoleon historical epic “Kitbag” starring Joaquin Phoenix and Jodie Comer. That’s not all though as […]

Ridley Scott says the script for Gladiator II is done and it should be the film after next for him to helm

Comment

Arise thread! Can’t believe this is actually going ahead.

Comment

Release set for 22 November 2024

Comment

Working...
                        X