0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 40.00%

2 40.00%
  • 10 - Red Dead Revolution

1 20.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I found my first animal (bear) by accident. I took the longest safest route i could and avoided absolutely anything and everyone as i didn't want to loose it.

Comimg to the end of chapter 3 and loving it.So much to do and uncover.Looks superb and Saint Denis in the night time

Look how ridiculously detailed some of the lives of the NPCs are!

This game is more Westworld than Red Dead prequel. It’s honestly just crazy the detail of this clockwork going around all on its own with zero input from players.

Mission last night had me using right trigger to pour something. Once I’d poured enough it told me as much and in the same millisecond changed the action of right trigger back to shoot gun. You can guess what happened. Mission failed...

I found a carved out message in a dressing table drawer: «Vanity its all vanity» and wonder if it was a message from a dev!

27 hours in now, it is very addictive and a time consumer, so be aware of that.

There are issues with the game: Controls, Clunky mechanics when selecting things, missions that can sometimes feel overly scripted/controlling. Questionable chores and lengthy animations. All of these issues are real and will irritate, particularly in the first 10 hours.

Then the game opens up, the mission design and diversity greatly improves and you find yourself in a living breathing dynamic world, as part of an outlaw family and criminal in a harsh world. AI is just a series of scripts and algorithms, but this is the first time I can remember being «tricked» that NPCs dont just seem to have a simple desicion tree, I never quite know how they will react. Just travelling across the world keeps turning up new mini quests. Small side missions turn into complex and diverse objectives and each time it happens it takes me by surprise. Revisiting old locations opens new quests.

Based on 49% main story and my time with it, the negatives are quickly forgiven, and this has all the makings of a 10.

If you gave up early, give the game more time - it has been worth it!

It's been nearly a week I think since I put it on, feels like such an effort to sink time into yet I know I'll enjoy it if I do. Never had this with a Rockstar game, even the ones I was colder on. Unless things change I think the controls will eventually be instrumental in stopping this from getting a 10 from me, R* can put all the bells and whistles they want in but getting the fundamentals of gaming wrong is unforgiveable and too often the game fights you at really stupid moments.

It is a massive time sink. After a typical 2 hours on it (a lot for me these days) I don't feel like I've particularly done much. Going from mission to mission might help but goes against the ethos of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cutmymilk View Post
    It is a massive time sink. After a typical 2 hours on it (a lot for me these days) I don't feel like I've particularly done much. Going from mission to mission might help but goes against the ethos of the game.
    Yes, it is & quite a different commitment than my latest game experience with Spiderman. It is very easy to lose yourself in the world and time flies past. In that sense its not a good game for those of us with limited time available. I myself have found some evenings and down time, but will focus on the story now, or trickle play it. Have used up winter game time goodwill already.....