No announcement yet.

Blizzcon 2018 - 'Do you guys not have phones?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’d just dismiss them as crazy weirdos if they did. Wouldn’t you? Being honest now.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      They should really. Seeing people like Emma Thompson tell it how it is, despite her having more flights in one year than I've had in 40. I bet 99% of them are the biggest hypocrites going.
      So true just like Harry and Meghan but hey Elton John paid for their flights so it's all ok.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        You’d just dismiss them as crazy weirdos if they did. Wouldn’t you? Being honest now.
        If I'm complete honest I don't smoke and don't do marijuana. But I wouldn't mind 2 weeks off work having a jolly in London mind

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          Seeing people like Emma Thompson tell it how it is, despite her having more flights in one year than I've had in 40.
          You've not been south of Catterick and still point, agog, at aeroplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            You've not been south of Catterick and still point, agog, at aeroplanes.
            His dreams of international flight were dashed when he couldn't find Consett Airport off the Phileas Fogg crisp ads.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I guess all those Keyboard warriors on RestEra will be getting rid of their PS4's and their Switch systems given they're all made in China
              Tbf there are a lot of measured responses on that forum, mixed in with some of the high emotions. I think most people realise that it is almost impossible to vet everything. Although I think as [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] worded so well, you can make a stand against some things. There is no harm in that.

I think a lot of people recognise getting Blizzard to fully speak out against China or withdraw from the market is completely out of the question. However they could probably solve a lot of this if they rectified their mistakes. In other words apologising for the slowness and initial response. Recognising that they failed in their core values, both to customers and their employees. Also it doesn't matter whether Blizzard where wrong or right, they should probably overturn the ban now. If they did that it would go a long way to calming and resolving the situation.

The horrible thing is that Blizzard's complete lack of meaningful response may turn Blizzcon into an absolute s###show for their employees (and customers). When it should be a celebration of all things Blizz and looking forward to new big game announcements.

Comment

I guess but we all know China human rights record, most of us will remember Tiananmen Square.

It's easy to single out Activision , but so many corps and Governments turn a blind eye when it comes China

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  His dreams of international flight were dashed when he couldn't find Consett Airport off the Phileas Fogg crisp ads.
                  Those adverts were great!

Comment

I can still hear the jingle.
                    "Consett Airport, CooOOonsett Airport"

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      I guess but we all know China human rights record, most of us will remember Tiananmen Square.

It's easy to single out Activision , but so many corps and Governments turn a blind eye when it comes China
                      Everyone kinda has too, the world effectively runs off Chinas back.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Everyone kinda has too, the world effectively runs off Chinas back.
                        Yep, the west allowed it to happen. If China is able to run over kids in Tiananmen Square looking for the freedom to vote, where China has one of the worst human rights record in the world and get away it. I highly doubt a stand by Activision, is going to make the slightest bit of difference.

Comment

Overwatch Switch launch party (tomorrow) at Nintendo's NYC Store now cancelled.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...izzard-boycott

Blizzard has yet to offer a statement as to why the cancellation has taken place, but if you've been keeping up with news on the company over the last week, it's not hard to imagine why.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I can still hear the jingle.
                            "Consett Airport, CooOOonsett Airport"
                            Yeah, this thread brought that advert rushing back to me... And now I'm wondering if it was racist or not. I wanna say it was, but I don't remember it well enough to be sure.

EDIT: Found it.

Last edited by Asura; 15-10-2019, 15:28.

Comment

If Activision Blizzard carry on down this road they are going to find themselves in an "I'm Spartacus" situation: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...g-kong-protest

Keep digging that hole you're in Actibliz.

Comment

I'm sure more bannings will have the desired effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X