No announcement yet.

Tetris Effect PS4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played this for a while trying to progress through all the stages. I got stuck. Later I tried in VR and beat it.

Comment

I recently got the arcade archives version of Tetris tgm and found it really janky to control and a bit disappointing. Effect is light years ahead in how responsive the blocks move I know tgm is pretty old so it’s a product of its time but the definitive version of Tetris for me is effect. More modes and levels than you can shake a stick at. Vr is mesmerising plus they recently added a new score attack mode in the most recent update using classic rules if you want to play without hold blocks and seeing where you are aiming, also the track during that level is a weird remix of the sugar plum fairy soundtrack from the new version.

Anyone that hasn’t yet, I fully recommend you unlock the super secret stage by putting the Konami code in at the title screen where it says press a button. The screen goes black and looks like a dos prompt then put in the birthday of Tetris 06061984 you’ll need to plug a usb keyboard into your console to enter the number there’s no other way but the effort is worth it as it’s a really cool & unique stage with Alexey Pajitnov sound clips.
      Last edited by importaku; 24-02-2023, 14:06.

Comment

Really looking forward to playing this at some point and I'll try that Konami codes tip. For some reason I've been saving this for VR. Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be up and running with PSVR2 in a couple of months and I can finally play.

Does anyone know - if I buy the OG PS4 physical of this game, I then just need to pay the £8.99 fee to upgrade that to the PSVR2 version right?
        Last edited by wakka; 24-02-2023, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          I recently got the arcade archives version of Tetris tgm and found it really janky to control and a bit disappointing. Effect is light years ahead in how responsive the blocks move I know tgm is pretty old so it’s a product of its time but the definitive version of Tetris for me is effect.
          Think the die-hard Tetris heads are similarly unexcited by the first TGM game. Even as a total Tetris bum, the lack of a hard drop really slows things down, and I think most people pushing the game to their limits focus on 2 and 3 for this reason.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Does anyone know - if I buy the OG PS4 physical of this game, I then just need to pay the £8.99 fee to upgrade that to the PSVR2 version right?
          I assume that works, and I should've been the one to confirm this for you, but I ended up just buying a wholly digital version on top so that I can dip into it without having to fish around for the disc each time.

Comment

Yeah maybe an idea to just do digital for VR software to be fair, for that exact reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Think the die-hard Tetris heads are similarly unexcited by the first TGM game. Even as a total Tetris bum, the lack of a hard drop really slows things down, and I think most people pushing the game to their limits focus on 2 and 3 for this reason.

I assume that works, and I should've been the one to confirm this for you, but I ended up just buying a wholly digital version on top so that I can dip into it without having to fish around for the disc each time.
              Also didn’t win me over by tgm having a game breaking bug on release. Randomly the screen would freeze & yet the game kept playing as you could hear your block moving but the screen was just frozen it became infuriating as several times I was doing well and the screen locked up. Think it’s been fixed in an update but it soured me on it a little especially when effect is the more fun game. It might not be super hardcore like the grandmaster mode but it has plenty of challenge. In effect mode there’s plenty to test each aspect of playing, in master mode where the blocks just teleport down I think the max lines I have gotten is about 120 ish. Mystery is a lot of fun too as you survive various things screwing you over.

Managed to unlock most of the in game achievements just need the one for reaching level 100 and the one for getting A rank or above in all areas of journey only a few A ranks left to get. I imagine it looks excellent on ps5.

Comment

Working...
              X