No announcement yet.

Tetris Effect PS4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it goes Master difficultly for final 30 lines. I think the best approach is probably to keep the amount of tetriminos to a minimum before you t to line 60.

Can be easier said than done with me though. Going for back to back Tetrises leading up to it, trying to Zone big.

Comment

Interesting, there's a new level that wasn't there before not sure if it got added with the latest update but there's now a level called 1989 which is a homage to the gameboy game in both graphics & sound.
      Last edited by importaku; 23-12-2018, 01:23.

Comment

Sounds cool.

Just switched the PS4 on to have a quick look at it but can't see it? Scratch that, thought it was in the main game but it's in effect mode.

EDIT: FINALLY CLEARED METAMORPHOSIS!!!!!!
        Last edited by Colin; 23-12-2018, 13:40.

Comment

well that sucks that 1989 tetris level has vanished looks like it was only available for the weekly ritual boooooo.

Comment

I believe it comes and goes but you can unlock it at level 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
              I believe it comes and goes but you can unlock it at level 50.
              Yeah i reached level 50 today while doing the weekly ritual it was a nice surprise to see it be unlocked, i was expecting an avater but this is a lot nicer really enjoy the gameboy level its like someone took a gameboy to a rave when the music transforms lol, now to try & aim for 60 but levelling is slow as i can't s rank stages to easily get more xp. Managed to ss rank one once but it was a fluke.

Comment

Decided to properly test my skills on how far i can go on this weeks ritual, at this current time i rank 6th on the planet. Well until i goto bed and others climb up the scoreboard but for myself it's a pretty good achievement.

Comment

Finally did Metamorphosis on Normal. I practiced last night and then tonight I decided to give VR a go and did it first go. Hmm, did I just need to be all zen with it?

Such a great game.

Comment

Lower latency.

Comment

Really?

Anyone know here these weekly rituals are that have been mentioned above?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Really?

Anyone know here these weekly rituals are that have been mentioned above?
                        they start at 12:00 midday on sat and last for 24 hours.

Comment

Something strange happened this evening, something has finally clicked in my brain. Before i struggled to even get A rank on quickplay mode but now i'm clearing all 30 lines as back to back tetrises, consistently getting SS rank now. So much so that i have unlocked the reward for getting S rank 100 times and SS 50 times nealy at level 70 as well.

Was shocked to see that my playtime is nearly 40 hours, time really does fly when you are having fun. Stupidly good value for money for the amount of entertainment i have gotten so far.

Comment

Playing this over the weekend I unlocked a secret 1989 mode featuring the classic soundtrack:

Love how the music gets clubbier and clubbier as your level increases.

Comment

I loved it when i first saw it appear in the weekly ritual i was even more pleased when i saw it permanently unlock at level 50, i don't play it that often though as i try to keep it feeling special by limiting how much i play it.

Just 10 more levels to go now as i have just passed level 90 and slowly chipping my way to maxing at 100, not sure i can break through the final wall to be able to do the rest of the achievements as it requires a stupidly high level of tetris skill to pull it off. While i'm reasonably good i'm not THAT good lol.

Comment

Finally, FINALLY got round to playing this properly. Did a quick go in VR before my ill-fated attempt at playing Horizon which made me go all queasy, but have been slipping back into this in bog-standard-o-vision for a quick blast the past couple of evenings.

Probably goes without saying but this is very much Tetris x Lumines for me. It's certainly Tetris in terms of how it plays, but the music, the visuals, the effects - are all very much in the Lumines template for me. To be clear: this is not a complaint in the slightest, I bloody love Lumines and this presentation is a total fit for Tetris.

I've still not gotten into the habit of using Zone mode much, but that seems more to do with scoring rather than survival. It wasn't that long ago I was trying very hard to 'git gut' with the Hamster release of TGM, but in honesty this probably has more achievable goals for someone of my standard I've got Journey mode cleared in normal and I guess I'll see what else there is to poke around with from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X