Tetris Effect PS4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tetris Effect PS4.

The demo is up but expires this weekend so get in there quickly.
    This is pretty much exactly what you would expect a trippier version of Tetris from the mind behind Rez and Child of Eden.
    Looks lush in 4K HDR and has a wonderful soundtrack that demands the use of headphones.
    In Journey mode the game plays like Tetris but adds a Zone meter which you fill and takes you into a timed sequenced allowing you to boost your score. It adds a bit of urgency to the game but isn’t really essential. I’ll keep the other modes until the final game is released.
    I have yet to try it with PSVR but after seeing the HDR version I’m not sure it will be any better.

Its quite something in VR, so trippy

Comment

It looks absolutely beautiful and incredibly that does somewhat hinder the game. What all the particle effects flashing it can be difficult to follow where you are supposed to be. It doesn’t help that all the blocks look the same so you can’t differentiate between the shapes. Tetris Grandmaster had different coloured blocks and even the Gameboy version had different designs on them. You can turn down the vibrancy of the effects though so that does help.

Saying that though it is a marvellous experience, the music fits so well with the game. It’s no Grandmaster but it’s a hella stylish version of Tetris.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        The demo is up but expires this weekend so get in there quickly.
        Downloading now. Thanks for the heads-up

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
          It looks absolutely beautiful and incredibly that does somewhat hinder the game. What all the particle effects flashing it can be difficult to follow where you are supposed to be. It doesn’t help that all the blocks look the same so you can’t differentiate between the shapes. Tetris Grandmaster had different coloured blocks and even the Gameboy version had different designs on them. You can turn down the vibrancy of the effects though so that does help.

Saying that though it is a marvellous experience, the music fits so well with the game. It’s no Grandmaster but it’s a hella stylish version of Tetris.
          Maybe not in the demo but in the full game you can change the tetris block colours to make them stand out instead of the themed blocks. Remember seeing that on one of the dev plays on youtube. I really shouldn't be watching the videos as i don't yet own a ps4 but of all the games that have come out this one is the ones thats making me get dangerously close to getting one lol trust it been tetris that was the game to get me. Wish child of eden was on ps4 vr as well.

Comment

Music on 3rd level of Journey is epic.

Comment

Downloading now,ill take a look tonight

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                Maybe not in the demo but in the full game you can change the tetris block colours to make them stand out instead of the themed blocks. Remember seeing that on one of the dev plays on youtube. I really shouldn't be watching the videos as i don't yet own a ps4 but of all the games that have come out this one is the ones thats making me get dangerously close to getting one lol trust it been tetris that was the game to get me. Wish child of eden was on ps4 vr as well.
                That would make all the difference, it’d be no good if it looked amazing but played a bad game of Tetris. I’ll probably wait until Christmas to see if it goes down in price.

Comment

I had fun with this and it's a very good game to play high as it has a great vibe. And hats off to Tetsuya Mizuguchi who sure has a knack for using audio and visuals in emotional ways and blending the two, along with vibration, into something approaching pseudo-synesthesia. It genuinely is a very good looking and sounding game - very reminiscent of Child and Eden, and I'm quite curious to experience it in VR. It plays well too and I dig the new zone mode mechanic. What I don't dig is the price tag. Doesn't matter how many pretty particle effects there are, it's still just Tetris at heart and so charging £35 just seems greedy. I hope to pick it up second hand or in a sale though.

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                  It looks absolutely beautiful and incredibly that does somewhat hinder the game. What all the particle effects flashing it can be difficult to follow where you are supposed to be. It doesn’t help that all the blocks look the same so you can’t differentiate between the shapes. Tetris Grandmaster had different coloured blocks and even the Gameboy version had different designs on them.
                  The demo includes an option to switch to traditional colours.
                  Last edited by Zen Monkey; 04-11-2018, 19:58.

Comment

It does indeed, fantastic. The colours make it a lot easier to follow but as a trade off it doesn’t look as spectacular. You can’t have it all I guess, haha.

Comment

It was Tetris. Not really worried about paying full whack for it tbh.

Comment

I played the demo last night and spent a pleasant 30 minutes or so with it. There are no surprises. We know Tetris and we know Mizuguchi's touch by now ... but it's a nice spin on the game and feels good to play. It looks very pretty on the TV but I think this begs to be played in VR to get fully immersed (I sold mine so don't have a set-up right now).

Comment

Is the uk getting a physical version of this as i have looked everywhere and i can't see it listed. Only one i have found is the usa version on amazon.com they seem to be getting physical over there but not seen it here.

Comment

Word is it will get a UK release: https://gematsu.com/2018/10/tetris-e...uses-announced

Comment

Confirmed (yesterday) that it won't be getting a UK physical release.

Very sad to report we just confirmed there won't be a physical version available in UK (at least not at launch, possibly much later but possibly not) Sorry to only be able to report this now (FWIW, all discs have all languages, so amazon fr or de is an option...)
                              Source: Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X