Commodore 64 joystick ports...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodore 64 joystick ports...

So I got leviathan working on my c64 but the joystick didn’t work. Moved it to port 2 and all is well. Worried port 1 is buggered but maybe using port 2 is normal. Anyone know?

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    So I got leviathan working on my c64 but the joystick didn’t work. Moved it to port 2 and all is well. Worried port 1 is buggered but maybe using port 2 is normal. Anyone know?
    That is normal. Most games are port 2, the c64 does weird stuff with joystick ports.

Comment

Fab news, cheers guv. This place rocks. Admittedly I only did a few google searches to get that answer but found nothing. Post here and answer in 5 minutes. Amazing.

Comment

And I’m not even a Commodore fan, although they do have their moments

Comment

I was just watching the 8-bit guy on YouTube. He was reviewing the USA release of the C64 Mini and highlights this issue.

Comment

Due to cost cutting, some of the traces from port one cross the keyboard tracks, as proven by putting a joystick in port one and waggling it. Does mean that you can use a joystick in port one on the floor with your foot to substitute for the space bar!
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
            X