Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I had a friend who worked at an Asda when I was a teenager. He said that two women came in late one evening and nervously bought 1, single cucumber.

I've always assumed he was winding me up.
    I was in the queue behind them trying to buy a gerbil.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      It's possible they were planning something culinary(!), but I wonder if I'd have the guts to recommend something a bit softer.
      But not a pack of frozen sausages to "self-thaw". Things get chilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        I was in the queue behind them trying to buy a gerbil.
        Hahah!!!!!

Comment

Had a great day at work today, first one like this in ages and even culminated in my first six pints of booze after nine whole days off it.

And now I feel rank as thocc but three big cuppas with full shug and great memories of a very funny, positive day at work.

And now I've got 12 days off and still like three weeks of leave after this to go til April.

Comment

Bought a new router yesterday because the one we have is from when I moved here in 2013.

Internet jumped up to 200Mb! The old router had 10/100 ports but the new one is all gigabit.

I just forgot after a while and started to believe it was a 100Mb service

Comment

Put an offer in on a house today.

Comment

The weirdly beautiful little moments videogames sometimes throw at you. Just started a mission off on Advanced Warfare, roaming around on speeder bikes through this derelict city that channels Escape From New York/Blade Runner, has that early 80s nuke movie feel.

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Put an offer in on a house today.
                  Best of luck Teddy. I’m exchanging contracts in a few weeks all going well, baring a few reports. Looking forward to taking ownership and getting in there and making it a home with my other half.

Comment

Made a pi1541 (emulates a 1541 disk drive for a c64) for £6 plus an unused pi I had lying around. It’s extremely ghetto but it does work
                    After a couple of bodges it took me a few hours to get working so in that respect I suppose it actually cost a couple of hundred quid and I could have bought a real nicely made one for £60 but there you go lol.

Comment

But you paid yourself for your time so it evens out.

Comment

Double post.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 27-01-2019, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Right near the start. Maybe it's just me but I was tittering like a loon.
                          Warwick: "Tim, you're a comedian."

Tim: "Bless you for that."

Comment

I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell

Comment

It’s Little Friday again today! That means you can have all the treats you would normally save for a Friday. I like Little Friday and I’m so happy when it comes around each week.

Comment

Working...
                              X