No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cake was difficult to hold, weighing as much as an old portable tv or older microwave.

Can't see in that picture but it had lots of nerdy references 'carved' into it including a totoro, hidden mickey, triforce, star trek com badge and the Deathly hallows.

The bunting matched the bunting I made for the venue (friend printed it from photos I took when sewing them)

We used the cake toppers as models for our save the date cards.

Comment

Yeah; the cake toppers are customised Nendoroids that we modded to resemble us.

Comment

Congrats Blasura! or is that Asurobcat? Cake looks amazing- what flavour? Choc or some other sponge?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          The cake toppers are cute
          They are!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Yeah; the cake toppers are customised Nendoroids that we modded to resemble us.
            Phoenix Wright married Aeris Gainsborough

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
              Phoenix Wright married Aeris Gainsborough
              If I recall correctly, [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION]'s has the head/hair of Tsumugi from K-On, and the body of a formal dress figure you can buy (like a "spares and extra pieces" kit), though both were the wrong colour and needed to be resprayed.

I believe my hair was from Gilgamesh from Fate, with eyes & glasses from Yuri from Yuri on Ice, and the body was a suit from the same set as the dress. Though again, I had to respray the hair.

Comment

They were fun to make as my husband (whe-hey!) mentions, I spent weeks finding the perfect pieces that were the closest matches to our hair. God It was weird enough calling him my boyfriend after being my friend for 5 years before, Husband is fun but strange getting used to. My bridal hair did not look anything like my figures in the end, more like Belle from Disneys beauty and the beast (the animated one not the pants one).

I wanted to make mini masks for them on the cake but my time and patience ran out to care to get my arse in gear to make them.
                Honeymoon tomorrow, looking forward to chilling tf out and eating nice food for a bit out in some sun.

Comment

Hooray!

Sounds like all your plans came together!
                  Did you have a first dance?

Congrats to you both and enjoy a bit of a break not having to plan anything other than where to eat lunch.

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] We all get cake, right?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Did you have a first dance?
                      We did, though we were the only ones - due to COVID rules you can't have a dancefloor at weddings at the moment.

It was to In Time from the Bill & Ted soundtrack. Actually it was going to be Glory of Love from The Karate Kid, but we switched to In Time because the lyrics seemed well-suited to the present situation.

Comment

It was to In Time from the Bill & Ted soundtrack.
                        Probably a better choice than Two Heads Are Better Than One, which sounds ideal until you realise it's a song about having a threesome.

Comment

It was to In Time from the Bill & Ted soundtrack.
                          Not from the Back to the Future cartoon?

Comment

A court says the bread used in the firm's hot sandwiches must be taxed because of its sugar content.

The linky headline reads

"Subway bread rolls not bread, Irish court rules'.

I suspect a lot of people who have eaten there could have told you that haha!

Comment

Wasn’t sure if to post here or the irk thread.

So we are in Turkey having an amazing time, after 2 cancelled honeymoons we got to Turkey last minute as it did not require testing before visiting or quarantine afterwards. We did all we could to avoid quarantine especially me working for the nhs as the bloke works from home anyway and now Turkey is not exempt from quarantine as of yesterday.

We found out when eating an amazing steak dinner after a perfect day. Usually I’d stress and get worried but you know what? There is nothing we can do to change things so I actually feel pretty relaxed about the whole thing and the idea of having some more time off.

No idea how we are going to get groceries in but we have some ideas we will deal with when we come back. Also sad I won’t get to do my shopping trip I planned in Ikea soon after getting back to the uk, that will now have to wait.

Just to state in Turkey they are incredibly strict about wearing masks with heavy fines and the staff/ cleaning/ hand cleansing stations have been fantastic so we feel pretty safe despite what the news sites say.

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION], it is what it is.
                                You've actually managed to get out there before the travel ban hammer dropped, so just enjoy the break.

If it's any consolation, it's a grey and wet day here in the UK. It's gone 8am and it's still so gloomy you need the lights on.

When you get back, just sort one of the grocery delivery services out and hunker down.
                                I hear EDF5 is split-screen co-op - the perfect treat for isolated newlyweds!

Comment

Working...
                                X