Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
    Remember a chat I had with the wife about what our favourite meats were, hers is whale.
    I've had whale in Iceland. Its neither here nor there really. Its kind of like seafood crossed with steak.
    Feel bad for eating it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      My GF casually mentioned she has eaten puffin
      Who hasn’t eaten puffin?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        I've had whale in Iceland. Its neither here nor there really. Its kind of like seafood crossed with steak.
        Feel bad for eating it.
        I remember it being a tourist thing in Iceland but the locals tried to discourage people from eating it.

Comment

After being told several times work would pay and sign me up to do a radiography course, I waited for that magic to happen. I planned to start maybe 2 years after I completed my nursing degree. It has now been 4 years and despite work saying they are keen for me to do the course, they have not made the effort to sign me up. I could have easily done it myself but was holding back as if work signed me up on it, I was guessing they would pay the fees. They have paid for some training in the past yet I have paid for my own other training in some areas that work have later told they could have covered me for (yet didn't offer to back pay).

Well its been 4 years and I don't see 2021 being a huge improvement of last year, I predict we will have a similar year except no wedding planning and no honeymoon so a bit of a bleak and dull year ahead. So I think its a perfect time to do a (rather boring and tricky) course this year and get it out the way as I don't see anything better happening in 2021.

I've decided to sign up myself and start the course in February as long as I can with work (need official guidance from a dentist and with work to allow me to take xrays of their patients). I know my new/ current dentist dislikes taking them and has already verbally shown interest in letting me taking over his xrays but I need to confirm with my boss when I get back that I can and if I can get enough work with what is happening with Covid-19.

The course fee is just under £600 and the exam in September is just under £200. I am just going to cough up the money myself using some unexpected bonus cash coming my way (£250 for working during the lockdown in the emergency hub), I am hoping work would consider paying for the exam fee at least but if not I have enough time to save. My only surviving grandparent on my estranged fathers side has randomly gifted me some money for Christmas (I'm guessing she has written the cheque incorrectly so I need to speak to my dad about it) and I would like to put it towards the course as I used some money from my other nan's inheritance for my nursing course 6 years ago. Both grandmas are the only family in living memory who worked in nursing in some shape or form so I think it would be a nice way to invest it in their memory.

Sick of waiting for work to sort it out for me. I don't know what the future holds and if things go south I can at least take this qualification away with me as a bonus from working so long there. So I have one positive (if boring but challenging) thing planned for next year.

Comment

Good for you, Blobcat. Sometimes you just have to make things happen for yourself.

Comment

Not having any Chrissy decs to take down, we didn't bother with any this year - or was it last year.

Comment

Are those regular mint sweets on the coffee table or are they HUMBUGs?

Comment

Deffo these;
                  Lindt & Sprungli online chocolate shop | Choose from a delicious selection of the best Lindt & Lindor chocolates | Spend over £50 for free UK delivery

Delicious, though After Eight's will do.

Comment

Was a bit sad taking down Christmas decor down yesterday but well worth the following tidy up as appart from a bit of washing and dusting, we only had to hoover to make the place look the clearest it has looked in about a year.

No Christmas wrap/ boxes, no overflowing recycling being stored around the house, no wedding stuff and no excess clothes about!

I have more to sort but it’s all in boxes and cupboards tucked away without all being on show for the first time in ages. I even took a tour video to show my sister who has yet to see our flat we moved in just under 2 years ago.

Comment

Deffo these;
                      Lindt & Sprungli online chocolate shop | Choose from a delicious selection of the best Lindt & Lindor chocolates | Spend over £50 for free UK delivery

Delicious, though After Eight's will do.
                      Their seasonal ones were nice too, although Cappuccino is still out favourite, closely followed by Sea Salt Caramel.
                      (we just finished off the last of our 3rd 100 count assorted bag)

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Their seasonal ones were nice too, although Cappuccino is still out favourite, closely followed by Sea Salt Caramel.
                        (we just finished off the last of our 3rd 100 count assorted bag)
                        Ooh, not had the Cappuccino ones think they would be my favourite too - have to keep an eye out but can't remember seeing them over here in the supermarkets.

Comment

Just got a homebrew Wii for a tenner. Need to add ROMs but full of emulators and I need a spare Wii, anyway, deffo got over a hundred originals for it, be nice to play Wii again.

Total barg and in lovely nick, complete with all leads and controllers and stuff.

Comment

Also, my big, fat cat, Vinnie. No matter how much I torment/play with the fat git, he's *never* snarled or hissed at me. A lovely cat.

Comment

Ooh, not had the Cappuccino ones think they would be my favourite too - have to keep an eye out but can't remember seeing them over here in the supermarkets.
                              There are a few Lindt shops here, and they do specials of 100 Lindor for $30 at just the right times for me.

Comment

The lenses in my glasses are a bit scratched up, so decided to go and get my eyes checked this morning. It's been three years, after all...

Apparently, my vision is at near 100%. I don't need glasses at all.

Today is my first full day without glasses in almost seven years. Not noticing any strain or bluriness.

I'm putting it down to the microdosing.

Comment

Working...
                                X