No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, actually I wanted to sweep down the street to the house as if we were visiting it (turning up by car), then showing off and going up over the roof, to sweep around to the back of the house.

Comment

Well, remember line-of-sight, but you can if you think you'll lose sight of it, you can always film, cut, land, move, dissolve cut, film from new angle.

Sounds like you're already picturing what you want to shoot, which is great.

I actually spend a few minutes scoping out a location to think about what I want to film and how I want to shoot it.
      27 minutes of one shot gets a little stale, so lots of different angles in shorter bursts keeps the viewer interested, even yourself!

Sorry, to repeat another one of my videos, from earlier, but I've used similar shots to your suggestion where the camera follows a car before flying up.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words and sound advice, QC. As for getting a treat, I've bought a fair amount of 8 bit hardware in the last year since she passed and my wife just bought me a 3d printer for my birthday, so I might be treated out!

Actually, it's just occurred to me that the resurgence of interest in 8-bit micros, might be related to when my grandparents died and I got a C64, followed later by a 1541 disk drive and dot matrix printer, once the probate was granted. Maybe, I subconciously linked the death of my nearest and dearest to technology gifts that they hoped might shape my future? (it did!)

Comment

Yeah, I definitely retreated to shows from happy childhood memories like Star Fleet and I've been buying a few action figures I'd previously dismissed as childish, because I now think "what the hell" and know they'll look ace on the shelves!

You could always consider hiring a drone for a couple of days:

Comment

You should only hire a drone if it delivers itself.

Comment

I talked to the sales guy at that company once but he just kept droning on

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                I talked to the sales guy at that company once but he just kept droning on
                His sales will never take off.

Comment

Awkward smile rather than just happy smile. My wife: another package?! You've been ordering a lot of stuff lately, haven't you?

Me: Yes but that's it. They all just happened to arrive around the same time. Nothing more now for a while.

Then I open my email: Your 7-CD Animal Crossing soundtrack set has shipped!

Oh yeah. That.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Awkward smile rather than just happy smile. My wife: another package?! You've been ordering a lot of stuff lately, haven't you?

Me: Yes but that's it. They all just happened to arrive around the same time. Nothing more now for a while.

Then I open my email: Your 7-CD Animal Crossing soundtrack set has shipped!

Oh yeah. That.
                    Me walking in with a SeriesX a few weeks ago went down REALLY well 🤣.

Comment

Happy Dad's Day everybody, hope you have a good one.

Comment

Got the kids to myself today, wife's at work. Little Mr has decided to throw up everywhere, so it's a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          It's a minefield, but very simply, I have a DJI Mini 2, which is under 250g, so bypasses a lot of the current laws.
                          You can fly near and over (empty) buildings, fly over involved people on purpose or non-involved if necessary.

The main no-nos are flying in restricted airspace or over crowds and always keep it in line-of-sight.

Honestly, it's like withcraft, it's so clever. You have this 4K 1080p camera on a gimbal, so the shots are always rock steady even in a sea breeze and there are a load of clever features like return to home if there are any issues and each battery lasts about 20 minutes.
                          I keep it in normal mode, but there's a cine mode for even more stability during filming and a sports mode to zip about faster.

Other bigger drones may have a few more features, but it's been great just rocking up and taking some footage.

It wasn't cheap, but 2020 was rubbish and my wife wanted to get me something special for Christmas.

I've got some more footage coming, but here's the stuff I took just after sunset, all edited in the drone's app.
                          Never mind idyllic scenery. Where’s the snap of you surrounded by WADS who were all gagging for a nosh on Chimpy’s banana?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Got the kids to myself today, wife's at work. Little Mr has decided to throw up everywhere, so it's a good start.
                            Baby decides today 5am is the new 7am. So we're watching Peppa Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                              Hey QC, sounds lovely. Was that photo with the drone? If so, what have you got?
                              Looking to get one.
                              Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              It's a minefield, but very simply, I have a DJI Mini 2, which is under 250g, so bypasses a lot of the current laws.
                              Looks like DJI could be relaunching the original mini at a cheaper price.
                              DJI is repackaging its original Mini drone, adding an SE label, and pricing it for big box stores such as Walmart and Costco. According to leaks, this may be the company's most affordable drone yet.

Comment

The SE is a brilliant shout for a starter drone.
                                The main difference is the way the controller talks to the drone.
                                The Mini 2 uses Ocusync, but the SE will use WiFi, which is less reliable over distance, but when you can only legally fly as far as you can see the drone, most people will be fine with it.

Genuinely really enjoying the hobby and have spent the weekend editing the pictures I took.

Comment

Working...
                                X