No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I first watched Eva on borrowed VHS tapes off a guy in my Diablo guild at a LAN party. Kids these days!

Comment

I mustn't run away!

Comment

The whole thing is so confusing, tbh.
        I just wanted to see some cool giant mechs fighting weird alien things.

There are series and films and ends and alternative ends and remakes.

Help me out here, is this right?
        • There are 26 episodes in the series.
        • The popularity of the series and the unsatisfactory conclusion of the series lead to the creation of two films, Death and Rebirth and The End.
        • Death and Rebirth film is two parts (with an interval).
        • Death is a recap of the series with some extra animation, backstory and plot points.
        • Rebirth picks up after episode 24 of the series (re-writing the last couple of episodes) and is all-new.
        • The End of Evangelion is the second film and is split into two parts - alternate versions of episodes 25 and 26, labelled 25' and 26' with the ' denoting "variant".
        • The first half of episode 25' is the Rebirth part of Death and Rebirth with some scenes reanimated
        • Episode 26' is all-new.
        • The two theatrical movies were later re-edited together in a single theatrical re-release called Revival of Evangelion.

• Director's Cut episodes: New footage was added to episodes 21-24, creating the Director's Cut episodes, numbered 21'-24'. Some of the additions are composed of some of the new footage from Death, but much of it is all-new.

• Rebuild of Evangelion, (known in Japan as Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition), is a film series and a reboot of the original anime television series. The films use 3D CG animation, and provides new scenes, settings and characters, with a completely new conclusion in the fourth film. Another stated intention of the series is for it to be more accessible to non-fans than the original TV series and films were. The original theatrical releases have the number x.0, whereas the home video releases have the number x.xx. The home video releases are slightly tweaked, with some shots reanimated and footage added.
        • Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone - part one of the reboot, 2007.
        • Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance - part 2 of the reboot, 2009.
        • Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo - part 3 of the reboot, 2016.
        • Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 - part 4 of the reboot, delayed (to 2020?) from the director's burnout and focus on Shin Godzilla.

Suggested Viewing order:
        • Original episodes 1 - 20
        • then episodes 21'-24'
        • then The End of Evangelion

I think that Netflix will be showing the original series and the first two films, so it's a case of watching everything, I suppose, but it sounds like the Rebuild series is what I'm after, but they're not adding that.

I guess a streamlined Netflix version could be eps 1 - 24, Rebirth (second part of the first film), 26' (second half of the second film).

Sheesh!

Comment

Looking at C64 Disk Games on eBay and stumbled across Dragon Wars. One of the highlighted features on the back of the box is that you don't need graph paper to play it.

Comment

That's great news on Evangelion. Last time I watched the series it was on VHS. Always loved the dreamy end credits with 'Fly Me To The Moon' playing

Comment

I got a look of great disdain from my wife when I mentioned this news.
              I loved it the first time I saw it (Eva, not the look of disdain), but it bored me to tears the second time.

Comment

I loved watching End of Evangelion with the commentary on the DVD back when I had it. Its the only film I genuinly think of the commentary when watching it.

Comment

I think it was discussed before, but I've just discovered FlatEarthers believe Australia is a hoax perpetrated by the UK, it doesn't exist, and when you fly there you are actually brought to an island in South America filled with either actors or computer-generated people.

Comment

BIt unfair mate. Not all of them believe that. Some of them just believe that

THE EARTH IS FLAT

lol

Comment

We had our work Secret Santa exchange last night and have our Christmas do tonight before people start departing for Christmas to family abroad.
                      Secret Santa theme was plastic free. Everyone got soaps, knitwear, booze etc, and I got the most plasticy thing ever and the only one to get anything non grown-up.

My Squidgirl figure was 100% perfect for me. Everyone looked at me weirdly but I didn't care, I was super happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                        Secret Santa theme was plastic free. Everyone got soaps, knitwear, booze etc, and I got the most plasticy thing ever and the only one to get anything non grown-up.
                        So the only one who got good presents.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          THE EARTH IS FLAT
                          So, why haven't cats pushed everything off the edge yet?

[/default response]

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            So the only one who got good presents.
                            Pretty much yeah!

One of the girls got a very nice make up bag thing with her name on which was perfect for her (not me), another got a small coin purse and Christmassy gloves (very me), a Baileys set (very nice) the rest were all nice in their own way but would have been a bit boring.

I got mine a luxury fake fur hot water bottle and a home made Christmas decoration for her tree I made. Unfortunatly mine didn't come in as she lives far away and only comes in on Fridays so I hope she got it today, she recently found out she was expecting her second child and I thought it would help soothe her feet!

Smile of the day, got my work Christmas meal out so throwing on some slap and going out shortly. Had a toddler today very politely demanding to his mummy that he did NOT want to see the DENTIST and he wanted to go HOME! Very cute but it did go on and on...

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

Gainax ran out of money after episode 24 which is why 25 & 26 are pretty rubbish.

Comment

PPI REFUND BABY!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X