Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha ha!

Comment

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Season Pass for a tad over £2 in the Xbox DLC sale.

Now I know what I'm playing next.

**** finishing the orig first like I've always intended. Always started it, never persisted with it, something jarring, I wanna see what THIS is like before I get too arthritic to hold a controller. And ALL the game, too!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        Deus Ex Mankind Divided Season Pass for a tad over £2 in the Xbox DLC sale.

Now I know what I'm playing next.

**** finishing the orig first like I've always intended. Always started it, never persisted with it, something jarring, I wanna see what THIS is like before I get too arthritic to hold a controller. And ALL the game, too!
        I've really enjoyed the Deus Ex games.
        I've had this free on PS+ for ages, but not got around to playing it.
        Looks like that offer isn't on PS+, it's still a tenner there, but have fun, JF!

Comment

I only played one of them but I’m not sure which one. It had a stealth section right near the start of the game and that was it, I was out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            I only played one of them but I’m not sure which one. It had a stealth section right near the start of the game and that was it, I was out.
            I suspect it was Human Revolution.
            Was it on 360/PS3 that you played it?

Shame, it was really good and pushed the graphics on those machines.

I think you could have gone in all guns blazing as that's one of the great things about the series, it's flexible in how you approach the game. Obviously, the copious soldiers and giant spider tank probably would have punished you for going in like Superman Falls/Vanpeebles, but at least you had that choice.
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 16-08-2019, 08:16.

Comment

Ha ha ha Team Rambo, Linear Division, reporting for duty. Don’t give me orders. Give me a gun and a head to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I suspect it was Human Revolution.
                Was it on 360/PS3 that you played it?

Shame, it was really good and pushed the graphics on those machines.

I think you could have gone in all guns blazing as that's one of the great things about the series, it's flexible in how you approach the game. Obviously, the copious soldiers and giant spider tank probably would have punished you for going in like Superman Falls/Vanpeebles, but at least you had that choice.
                Might have been that one. It was on PC. If I can play it another way, maybe I'll try again at some point. I just have very low tolerance for stealth sections in games.

Comment

ntsc-uk.com is back

Comment

Might have been that one. It was on PC. If I can play it another way, maybe I'll try again at some point. I just have very low tolerance for stealth sections in games.
                    If anything, I had to get beyond the notion that I had to do everything.

Playing the original on PC, the first mission was at the Statue of Liberty and I was frustrated that I might be missing out on something. To get into a room you could hack or lockpick or stealth into it. All three ways got you into the room, but I had to know what I was missing, so did it all three ways.

I also shot some of those terrorist basts only to find myself not getting praised but chided by the guy at the armoury for being so heavy-handed. This blew my mind after playing something like Half-Life where you pretty much shoot first and ask questions later.

Comment

Thing is, stealth sections in games usually require waiting. I don't wait for fun. I don't wind down by waiting. Waiting is something I do when I'm absolutely forced to, like waiting on a bus or waiting in line to get my face painted or whatever. Like if there was a waiting for a bus game, I wouldn't buy it. So I have no patience for waiting in games.

Comment

I actually love waiting in games. Lurking around waiting for the perfect moment to steal in unobserved. Sipping my tea. Watching the guards/gremlins/police officers (game dependent) making their rounds. Biding my time.

Comment

I can wait at home for free, Wakka. FOR FREE.

Comment

Thing is, stealth sections in games usually require waiting. I don't wait for fun. I don't wind down by waiting. Waiting is something I do when I'm absolutely forced to, like waiting on a bus or waiting in line to get my face painted or whatever. Like if there was a waiting for a bus game, I wouldn't buy it. So I have no patience for waiting in games.
                            I do get that, but found Deus Ex was great because it never felt like waiting, you were thinking outside the box.

I've mentioned it before, but I had to interrogate someone at the top of a stack of portakabins. The front was heavily guarded and I'd need to hack cameras, pick locks, kill guards and so on, but the rear of the stack was unguarded with an open window, well out of reach.

I activated my strength augmentations and lifted a series of metal crates over and made my own stair case and broke in undetected.

Another level saw you stealing some plans from right in the middle of a heavily protected base. The minute you pick it up, alarms go off, guards come running and it's a standoff bloodbath.

Or... I activated invisibility camouflage and the running augs, picked it up and blazed out of there past the confused guards.

Years later and I still have those strong memories of really enjoying trying different ways to complete an objective.

I also think it would tickle your penchant for cyberpunk...

Comment

Yeah, I loved how it looked. It was just... stealth section. That was really it. I should revisit it fresh knowing that there are various ways to play.

Comment

Well, if you got Mankind Divided when it was included with PS+ (PS4), then it's worth a punt.
                                Human Revolution was free with Games With Gold in January 2016 on the 360.
                                Failing that, HR (360/PS3) is 50p in CEX and MD is £2.50/£3.50 XBO/PS4.

I imagine it'll be a little stealthy at the start before you get tooled up. Ask JF when he's started it!

I loved in Human Revolution that I had a massive stash of firepower stashed behind the lounge mirror in my apartment.
                                Took it all out and laid it on the coffee table like a nutter.

Comment

Working...
                                X