No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerry Adams on Twitter: this house is like Santa's Grotto. It takes half an hour to switch off fairy lights and assorted yuletide illuminations.

Eddie Izzard: Surely you know someone that can fit a timer?

Savage.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Nearly cut all my glass for the window now. At the annoying fiddly pieces now but had a really good session. Still a few bits I might change but this will probably be my last photo till the damn thing is finished and I can start thinking about my next one!

Gonna start getting things ready for Christmas later this afternoon!

Comment

I’m not really in anything like a Christmas mood, so found myself getting irritated by the playing of Slade et al in various shops. Not that I don’t like them, I’m just not in the mood. Pissing rain and a lousy time at work recently have ensured that.

Then, in one shop, Mike Oldfield came on. And I felt festive. And I just listened to the layers of instrumentation appearing and disappearing. And I smiled. And all was well.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Then, in one shop, Mike Oldfield came on. And I felt festive.
            I know what you mean. Tubular Bells always makes me think of The Exorcist, which makes me think of priests, which makes me think of Jesus, which makes me think of Christmas. Always gives me that festive buzz. I might just pop on The Exorcist instead of Elf this year.

Comment

*back hand dogg thang across the face*

Comment

Decorated the tree and put as much effort as I can be bothered with tonight with the lights in the window (behind the curtain).
                Tree topped this year with Potatotoro!

Comment

Work Xmas bash. Bought raffle tickets. Won first prize : £500 love2shop vouchers, which I think can be used in a number of places that I do actually shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post

Decorated the tree and put as much effort as I can be bothered with tonight with the lights in the window (behind the curtain).
                    Tree topped this year with Potatotoro!
                    Is that just the picture on the box?

Comment

Apparently you only start with 8 characters in Smash Ultimate, the original roster from Smash 64.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Is that just the picture on the box?
                        I bought 3 matching boxes from Paperchase about 5 years ago, I wish I had bought more as yes, it does look like our tree! One I'm still using the ribbons and such stored in it and the other is lost in the storage room until I recover it this week to decorate the rest of the room.

I tend to place them underneath once used to look nice until all wrapped presents are under it.
                        The tree is smelling pretty badly so it will be the last time for it I guess, I would love a real one but it does't make much sense just for the two of us when we are going away for Christmas to see our parents like every year. You never know, maybe next year...

Haven't made/ bought any new ornaments yet this year, need to get on that!
                        Last edited by Blobcat; 03-12-2018, 19:06.

Comment

We've started using biscuit tins as decorations. Walker's one this year is a gingerbread man, and the Lindt one is a silver Christmas Tree.

Comment

A few weeks ago, my wife randomly pointed out that Nintendo had re-released the Famicom Mini.

Her job involves researching market trends so I just assumed she'd heard that from a colleague.

Her: "Are they good? They look so cute."

Me: "So cute. But we've got the SFC Mini so it's a bit much. Also, I can just put Famicom games on that anyway."

End of conversation.

Fast-forward to this Sunday at my birthday party, I get a Famicom Mini from some friends of mine. They'd done the research! And my wife, clever girl, picked up on the undertones in my answer and told them that yes, I'd most definitely really really love a Famicom Mini.

Comment

Cute story

I got a bear pattern in a magazine last month and got started making him yesterday, finished tonight.

His name is Philip and he's here to crash your party with his sweet hat.

Comment

O Holy Night, the Andy Williams version.

Very nice indeed. My favourite number from the album that played every Christmas morning in the family Prinny house.

Comment

Working...
                                X