No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mum has dementia and I took my son to lunch with my dad and then we all went to visit her at the care home. My son noticed a yamaha digital piano and played some stuff. Most jazz / swing versions of other stuff, plus his own compositions. Hearing him play, lost woods from ocarina of time in a swing style and all the residents and visitors asking him to play it louder and humming along.... Good Times

Comment

(the piano had an organ effect that sounded crazy ocarina like - my son's face when he switched to it and immediately knew what to play!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        Walked in to me 3 yo daughter talking in hushed tones to the wall. I've seen enough horror films to know ****s about to go down in this house.
        Baaaaaa baaaaa doooook!!!

Took Harry to the cinema for the first time yesterday. Odeon kids club showing of Toy Story 4.

We both loved it! Considering he hasn't seen 1 - 3 I'd say that's a win for Pixar.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          I bet your y-fronts were over flowing!
          Oh yes. I asked what he was doing and she just put her hands over her eyes. It really was like something out of a horror film.

Comment

All of my Youtube recommendations are now about living in vans.

And as weird as it is, I'm kind of enjoying them.

Comment

Stage 4 music of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. All I can say is wow. True moody vintage retro music.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                All of my Youtube recommendations are now about living in vans.

And as weird as it is, I'm kind of enjoying them.
                At least there are fewer stories about kids talking about invisible people behind you. You bunch of ****ers, how am I supposed to sleep now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  That’s funny but my youngest beat that one for real. She was maybe five at the time and I was putting her to bed. She asked, “Dad, can people be invisible?” I said, no of course not. She pointed just behind me and said, “But what about that man there?”.

But then this was a kid who had an imaginary friend called Jones who lived in the wall and had no skin.
                  Don't come crying to us when **** starts flying around the room when she has a tantrum.

Comment

Forgot to mention this. Was anyone following the whole "raid Area 51" thing? And the bloke Naruto running on the news, and other epics. The whole thing made me giggle.

Comment

Was watching the Rogue Traders bit of Watchdog Live and heard this vintage electro song in the background, I could've *sworn* it was an old early 80s Depeche track I'd never heard, deffo Dave Gahan singing, deffo Depeche funky synthy 80s beats.

Wrote the chorus lyrics down ("you've got to work hard, you've got to work hard..."), Googled "Depeche work hard"...

...and, YEAH, an old, NEW Depeche Mode song from 1983. "Work Hard". Apparently the B-side to "Everything Counts".

Such a smile. And song is fonky in that early Vincey Clarkey style of their very early 80s stuff. This is 1983. Might be Gore. Wilder, even. Who cares.

Think I'm getting my mojo for music back. Only taken me about six years. Aaaaaah, Depeche...

Comment

Comment

That Bloodstained choon I was bangin on aboot the other night. Best videogame choon I've heard in yeeeeeears. So moody and beautiful, it soubds exactly like the soundtrack of my soul. Bootiful mooozik:

Some might find it an acquired taste, like olives. I loves my olives.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            Nice one, I love me some DM

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            I loves my olives.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Nice one, I love me some DM
                              Wife is a huge fan, I'm more into Erasure and Yazoo.

Separately, these are ace.

Luke Vincentini is unlike most confectioners as he doesn't create ordinary, layered cakes. Instead, the artist makes desserts in the most unexpected shapes such as bags of Doritos, egg boxes, different fruits, cups of coffee and even cell phones.

Comment

Pulled a sickie for the first time in ten months.

Never pull sickies normally but they've tried to pull a sh*tty trick on me so I'm doing the same back to them but the best thing is I'm off for legitimate reasons which they already know of.

Gaming time, resting time, healing time. You can shove next week's night shifts right up your arse, pencil pushers, I'll be chillin' at the crib.

Comment

Working...
                                X