Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(*SPOILER ALERT*, btw)

It's because I've started watching TWIN PEAKS.

My life is beginning again.

Comment

I'm gonna go thru Deadly Premonition again and get the Easy cheev (you have to clock it thrice to get all completion confirmations, EASY, NORMAL, HARD type of achievement thing).

But to counteract the lower difficulty, and the fact I wanna spend more convincing time within the world, I won't go seek out that whistle (?) or whatever it was that lets one fast-travel.

Comment

I'm not generally bothered about a 'bullet hell'-type of experience (I like em tho) but it's more about a convincing-feeling environment, for me. ..

So forgive me if I play it on EASY. I just wanna go back and see my old pals and spend some quality time with 'em.

I might even play the game *walking* as much as I can. Just to get a sense of the vastness of the world, in a walking relaxedly sense. The sense is immense.

Comment

It was like 2012 or summat, last time.

Feels like 50mins back, tbh, hearing those choonz.

Comment

Managed to get four more weeks on the sick. Feel a bit guilty (I'm pretty much never on sick) but doctor's orders, what can I say?

Bloody hell, I've managed to lower my stress levels markedly and develop perspective, rested my knacked elbow that just wasn't healing, I've knocked £300 this month off my credit card (spent way less as a recluse) and have clocked about five games AND gotten balls-deep into Twin Peaks.

Only cons are that I've now got a dad body due to virtual inactivity and am very much starting to feel like I'm that bloke out of GAME ON. And one of my mid-penile shaft's Fordyce spots has become inflamed. It's about the size of a mushy pea. It'll pop soon.

Anyway, I digress. It's merely an aggravated aperture, a prick-pimple.

I know it won't last but why not enjoy it while I can*.

*the time off, I mean, not the inflamed papule.

Comment

Also, on the way back from docs I had a little hunt for cheapo games, ended up nabbing PS3 NFS Hot Pursuit, 360 X-Men Destiny and Wii Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 for a quid apiece.

Comment

Loving that you are in Twin Peaks. It's obviously one of the reasons I was so drawn to Deadly Premonition. The same sense of plot, dialogue and humour

Comment

I think Deadly Premonition achieved the greatest homage by being exactly the same but also exactly different. Completely original yet entirely influenced by an existing entity. It's crazy. Very meta.

Comment

Gonna do F-all today after yesterday.

Was up by 4:30 am, spent most of the day on my feet at Comicon, had some people take photos in my cosplay, saw Jonathan Woss, went home and had Maccas. Go to watch exclusive first 2 episodes on a new anime based on a manga I really enjoy so was chuffed about that.

Also called 2 people out for being dicks today which is very rare for me as just talking to anyone out in the wild is scary as hell for me, let alone confrontation. One was a queue jumper, the other was a oozing pustule of a woman and her friend playing a loud video on her phone.
                    Didn't stop her being vile the rest of the journey but at least she kept her phone down, whole train wished both would shut up and die.

Comment

Well my 4 week holiday off work, to gaming & hobby stuff has started. Was expecting some gravity falls fan goods from japan today by parcelforce i opened the door this morning to see a little kid stood there with my parcel and the scanner in his hand. He must have been about 7 years old he very politely introduced himself as been from parcelforce and could he please have my signature, totally threw me off guard.

I'm guessing dad was in the van and he's helping out while on school holidays or parcelforce has started officially doing child labour lol.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Well my 4 week holiday off work, to gaming & hobby stuff has started. Was expecting some gravity falls fan goods from japan today by parcelforce i opened the door this morning to see a little kid stood there with my parcel and the scanner in his hand. He must have been about 7 years old he very politely introduced himself as been from parcelforce and could he please have my signature, totally threw me off guard.

I'm guessing dad was in the van and he's helping out while on school holidays or parcelforce has started officially doing child labour lol.

Comment

Wow, just randomly seen a vid about the "U.S.S. Flagg", a G.I. Joe playset from back in the 80s. Wow again.

WOW.

YouTube it, it's seven ****ing feet long!

Comment

Got a progress update on my Ultimate 64 Elite, yesterday. Should be with me in about 3 weeks!

Comment

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

I won't lie - this = smile

Comment

Reverend Lovejoy: Lovejoy here.

Principal Skinner: (on phone) Reverend, this is Principal Skinner. I'm facing a crisis, and I didn't know to whom to turn.

Reverend Lovejoy: All right.

Principal Skinner: Mother's gone too far. She's put cardboard over her half of the television. We rented "Man Without a Face," I didn't even know he had a problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X