No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, they have only shown the low-poly distant model for when it is seen in the background.

Comment

Comment

I wonder if they pay commission to Cannon Home Video for every one sold?
        Last edited by vanpeebles; 22-11-2019, 10:39.

Comment

He couldn't even make it proper 80's style like in Tango and Cash.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This reddit AMA.

I thought I was alone in thinking James Cordon was an asshole, seems not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  This reddit AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...ston_and_five/
                  Me and the missus can't stand him anarl.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    This reddit AMA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...ston_and_five/
                    You are not alone.

Comment

I think the Tesla truck is great! It fills a niche. I mean, other 4x4s can be seen by conventional radar.

Comment

Tesla is learning from the Sonic film.

Make a goofy one, wait for people to cuss it bad, redesign and enjoy the collective relief that it could’ve been so much worse.

Comment

It’s funny you say that because I couldn’t help but think of Asura’s marketing stunt pic when the windows broke. Not sure it even makes much sense but that seemed completely staged.

Anyway, my bigger thought was that I don’t care about it because it’s just another indulgence of a man with too much money in a world where too many have too little.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Anyway, my bigger thought was that I don’t care about it because it’s just another indulgence of a man with too much money in a world where too many have too little.
                            You think so? I think Elon Musk is a bit of a tit, to be fair, but I think Tesla's goals here are fundamentally good. Pickup Trucks are a huge industry in some places, particularly the US and Australia, and they're one of the automobile market's most difficult parts for an electric car company to crack. I think it makes sense that they would start with something that's a bit of a stunt.

It’s funny you say that because I couldn’t help but think of Asura’s marketing stunt pic when the windows broke. Not sure it even makes much sense but that seemed completely staged.
                            MUST... NOT... POST... JPG...

In seriousness, though, when it comes to popular media, these days I go into every story with the expectation that's manufactured. Not usually entirely fake, but drummed up by clever spin doctors who know how to make a mountain of money out of a molehill.

Classic one is this whole supposed argument between Vin Diesel and The Rock over the F&F franchise which flares up every few months, conveniently when there's nothing else in that franchise to talk about. High-flying actors who are predominantly on opposite sides of the world and never see each other face-to-face; it's just too easy to pretend they're in the middle of a row. It probably stems from a genuine disagreement, but once that first one hit the headlines, their PR people realised that got clicks, so they rehash it every so often.
                            Last edited by Asura; 23-11-2019, 09:30.

Comment

Elon Musk’s worth dropped pretty much overnight after that presentation by more than any of us will earn in our lifetimes. His own worth (gained with the safety net of a family emerald mine in Africa - going to guess the circumstances of that are dodgy because they always are when a white family ‘owns’ something of huge worth in Africa) could solve world hunger for close to a year on a very basic level but channeled the right way could do far, far more. And he’s basically pulling a Homer Simpson with this car. So yeah, I think it’s an indulgence of a man with more money than anyone should have unless the rest of the world is doing way, way better.

Comment

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Musk, Zuckerberg et al. are all modern day Bond villians, we should be sending in secret agents to throw them to their deaths off their airships.

Comment

Working...
                                X