No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the one hand, my new housemates cook some cracking food.
    On the other, they just blocked my downstairs toilet.

I'll give them the point if it's an easy fix.

Comment

Off work for a couple of days, not self-isolating but because the guy I mainly work with has had to self-isolate after a recent trip to Italy and I managed to wrangle a few days off if I could as he was away.

I'm technically on call if they are desperate but I have had to do 3x more work with extra cleaning, phone calls to question and postpone sick people to visit our practice and doing so much extra sorting/ ordering recently I am feeling burnt out and needed a few days to cool off. Really looking forward to at least one day to just chill.

There is a big meeting I am missing out on tomorrow, I strongly suspect its the measures/ plans if the country goes into lockdown. Bad news as if we 100% close (I'm guessing we will dramatically reduce service to emergencies and treatments only if we can bare minimum if we don't close in a lockdown) our business is likely to go bust (bosses words not mine) and I lose my job. Good news if I can get some time to play Animal Crossing when it comes out next weekend!

Also super happy as had a really pleasant weekend with my parents, including my estranged father and 97 year old grandmother who I haven't seen in about 5 years. We had fun keeping far away from each other with no hugs and kisses which we all found rather amusing. Granny still with it mostly despite not remembering who I was but said I was a pretty thing which is nice I guess (was always rather critical and blunt with me as a child but the relative where I get most of my creativity from)
      Last edited by Blobcat; 15-03-2020, 20:35.

Comment

Got a job offer with a £4k salary increase. My current job can take its do more with less attitude and 1% pay increase and shove it

Comment

Nice one.

Xbox just made me smile, dug out STATE OF DECAY 2 because I fancied some free-roaming zombie fun, stuck it in the drive and it's suddenly turned into 'The Juggernaut Edition', Googled what exactly it was and it's basically an enhanced version of SOD2 with improved mechanics, a huge extra map and all the DLC included for free. How very kind of the developers, it's lovely when you see stuff like this.

Shantae also on GWG. And Sonic Generations.

And I just got a game called 'Lichdom' for £1.25 in the sale and it actually looks like it might be decent!

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
            On the one hand, my new housemates cook some cracking food.
            On the other, they just blocked my downstairs toilet.

I'll give them the point if it's an easy fix.
            They put all that toilet paper in there at once. Ration it kids!

Comment

Been having my own private disco tonite to THISSS:

Giving me the smilies in this Coronapocalypse era. This could be the last time I ever hear these beautiful choonz. But I doubt it. This vid's so joyful I can feel my antibodies regenerating with every note.

Comment

My mum called me yesterday upset that her little dog had picked up some ticks in the long grass where we met up over the weekend. She's been trying to flick them off with a credit card in the car whilst they drive home and she managed to get an appointment with the vet in the afternoon.

They were his nipples not ticks. Poor doggie now has sore nips.

Comment

^my cancer-phobic mum thought her cat had lumps, too. She took it to the vet and found that male cats have nipples, too.

Just a brief smile at the realisation that after getting Resi Rev 2 t'other day, I now have access to ALL the Resi games (bar the GBC one). I am fully replete with Resi goodness.

Comment

Just wow to the nipple stories

Also, Microsoft rewards fail. Email I just got: Spend your Spring abroad!
                    Want to visit The Maldives? Dubai? Or even The Lake District? Let Bing help you decide...

Yeah, great timing idiots. Although it's probably a bot.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Want to visit The Maldives? Dubai? Or even The Lake District? Let Bing help you decide...

Yeah, microsoft rewards questions are all check the football fixtures, rugby etc etc. Quite funny really. Still its a fiver in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Ha, that's foolish. It will definitely be automated but that's still a big facepalm moment. Someone will be getting a bollocking.

Comment

Managing to score a Miller Aeron chair for my home office, locally, for £20. Pretty happy as they're >£400 new.

It's obviously seen a lot of use but it's nothing that some flash wipes and a bit of elbow grease couldn't fix.

Got it via eBay; got to assume the person selling it didn't realise what it was, as they just listed it as "office chair, used".

Comment

14K likes, 318 comments - senditofficiall on March 22, 2020: "NAILED IT @holein1trickshots #sendit #goodforit"

Quarantine is going to throw up some creative nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Managing to score a Miller Aeron chair for my home office, locally, for £20. Pretty happy as they're >£400 new.

It's obviously seen a lot of use but it's nothing that some flash wipes and a bit of elbow grease couldn't fix.

Got it via eBay; got to assume the person selling it didn't realise what it was, as they just listed it as "office chair, used".
                              I bet it's seen some action.

Comment

^by the sounds of it, it could withstand decades of action!

Nowt wrong with a proper good barg.

Comment

Working...
                                X