Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone has actually made the game.
    Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 15-06-2020, 16:51.

Comment

^ace.

Slightly less thrilling but I had a close encounter of the turd kind today. The lights were knacked in the D Floor bin hold and it was pitch black and the only light I had was a small, rapidly dwindling beam from the slow-closing door.

Anyhow, as I entered there was this vivid odour of diarrhoea but I just put it down to possibly a bin that was maybe full of pap-peppered inco-pads or someone hadn't sealed a bag properly but using the tiny glint of light, I located my bin, sodded off and paid it no more heed.

As I reached the C Floor corner bin hold, I bumped into two cleaners from D floor who asked me if I'd been in the D Floor bin hold yet "because some dirty ****er sh!t on the floor, RIGHT in front of the yellow bin!

I stooped forward and checked beneath the sole of each safety boot and noticed an orangey-brown dollop squished into the grips just under the toe section of the left boot. I guess it was a TOES encounter of the turd kind. Haha.

Anyway, it was mingin'. But I just went to Staff Change and stuck my foot into the shower and all the bab came off.

Comment

The joys of NHS work.

Comment

There's not much cheer in the news at the moment but I have been grimly amused and even reassured by the hapless state of the English far-right. First there was the drunken fat simpleton on a mission to protect statues although he couldn't tell the judge which ones when she was sentencing him to prison for peeing on a memorial after he was shopped to the police by his own dad: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53051096. And then there was the drunken corned-beef-faced simpleton who had to be rescued by BLM activists when his EDL pals heroically scarpered and left him to get a kicking: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-sends-message. Horrible bastards, but it's rather like fascism done by Dad's Army.

Comment

I did find it pretty hilarious that some people were doing nazi salutes while protecting a statue of a man instrumental in taking down the nazis.

Comment

Bought a new sofa yesterday, our first recliners. We might be married by the time it arrives but its gonna be so cool

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                Bought a new sofa yesterday, our first recliners. We might be married by the time it arrives but its gonna be so cool
                Early one Saturday morning a few years ago, [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] paid me a visit at my parents' house and I let him try their reclining sofa. His cares just melted away. As will yours.

Comment

THERE'S FOOTBALL ON THE TELEVISION TONIGHT!!!!!

Comment

Me and my other thought the same when our lovely comfy new corner sofa turned up.

1 week later we went out a got a beagle puppy.

The sofa quickly got covered in old blankets to protect it.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-06-2020, 17:20.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      THERE'S FOOTBALL ON THE TELEVISION TONIGHT!!!!!
                      I cannot freaking wait.
                      Also Royal Ascot is on so this week is a fine week for me

Comment

Completed another series of my Animal crossing Amiibo cards this week. Just 2 more series to complete and a rare japanese card and I'm sorted.

Only 24 cards to go of 461!

Comment

Where are you buying them these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Where are you buying them these days?
                            I'm trading with people online on dedicated groups on Facebook, have done in the past but more recently because of the boost in interest from New Horizons where more people are now posting.

Nintendo store currently has Series 2 for sale. Rumors are that there will be a re-print of the cards in July so the main 4 plus possibly RV's will be available.

I have bought a few (ludicrously expensive) packs on ebay and a fair few of my last cards on ebay but I just managed to score 2 hard to get cards in a trade tonight so it still happens.

There are a couple I doubt I will get unless their selling price crashes or re-prints come out. I'm only collecting the PAL/ Eu ones except the 2 japanese magazine exclusive ones which I have one of (KK).

I have loads of series 2 and some series 3 cards I am happy to part with. Some of the more desirable ones I'm keeping to trade for the higher tier ones I need.
                            Last edited by Blobcat; 18-06-2020, 21:59.

Comment

The job offer I received back in March? is still there but there's still no start date due to COVID-19. My current place is causing me no amount of stress with the pressure being put on those of us not furloughed, so when an old work colleague gave me a heads up about a position at his current place I asked him to put me forward.

I had an interview via Zoom last week and got offered the job this afternoon. Just need to get the paperwork signed and I can hand in my notice

I also went for another positon elsewhere that has a 4 stage interview process. First stage went really well and I just completed the online testing. Next I need to do a presentation based on a scenario. No idea what it will be yet, they send me the information two to three days before the interview. It's a lot of faff, and the job sounds really demanding but the pay backs it up so....

Comment

Nintendo store currently has Series 2 for sale. Rumors are that there will be a re-print of the cards in July so the main 4 plus possibly RV's will be available.
                                Yeah, I'm hoping for these reprints. The Nintendo store don't ship where I am (unless, oddly, it's an exclusive item like the Switch NES controllers) so stocking up on the Series 2 cards isn't an option, unfortunately. Prices seem to be all over the place elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X