No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 weeks until our wedding, I guess I should start risking looking forward to it going ahead now with hopefully not any more bumps on the way. Have the final bits of arts and crafts to finish this week before getting everything more organised and packed up (our living room has a pile of packed/ unorganized boxes in the corner).

Comment

Halfway between a smile and an irk. Going to bed last night I heard a strange heavy breathing/snoring noise from within the wall of our dormer window landing. Me and the lad investigated, couldn't find a thing. Sounded like Edgar Allen Poe's Black Cat purring inside the wall and it freaked us right out, so much that the lad had to come into the big bed. Stopped after a while. Turns out it was a wasp nest (we get at least one of these a year as we're right next to a park), and wasps make a purring noise when they come home at the end of the day. This lady captured the sound, which is exactly what we heard last night, it's really amazing: http://www.rachelbarker.com/2018/08/...eep-noise.html. Unfortunately, they've also got to be rounded up and killed now, so there's the irk bit.
      Last edited by Golgo; 24-08-2020, 13:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        Unfortunately, they've also got to be rounded up and killed now, so there's the irk bit.

Comment

I can just imagine QC’s pest control company. He comes in, sucks his teeth, pokes about behind the fridge and then tells you you’re going to need half a dozen wing divers and a genocide gun.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            QC’s pest control company
            Takes one to know one!

Comment

[MENTION=3687]Golgo[/MENTION]: if they're not bothering you, you leave them. They'll be dead by winter.

I used to hate wasps but found out they are pollinators and the number of horse flies is way lower in my garden this year (we have a nest in our roof space).

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                @Golgo: if they're not bothering you, you leave them. They'll be dead by winter.

I used to hate wasps but found out they are pollinators and the number of horse flies is way lower in my garden this year (we have a nest in our roof space).
                https://www.oxford.gov.uk/info/20100...advice_-_wasps
                Usually I would (this is probably about our 8th nest), but unfortunately they're bothering us. They've set up camp in a well-used storage cupboard just off our landing, so literally in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Terrible choice of weapon, he'd blow the walls out with that!

Comment

The 'Bloody Lovely' videos. So much wrong stuff but so much funny too.

Although I do think 'Naked Martin' takes things too far. And before you even consider it, DO NOT Google him, especially at work!!!

Be seeing you!

Comment

I sadly know exactly what you're talking about re: Naked Martin. A video conference get together for a friend's birthday party towards the start of lockdown was graced with his presence.

Comment

What happened to simply loveleh? Think I read they were taken to court over copyright or something.

Having not heard of Mr Martin, I just googled him. Oh dear.
                        Last edited by endo; 26-08-2020, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                          What happened to simply loveleh? Think I read they were taken to caught over copyright or something.

Having not heard of Mr Martin, I just googled him. Oh dear.
                          Yeah, they had to change to bloody lovely. Still putting out videos every week though!
                          [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] An ex workmate got a shout out online from him ages ago. His claim to fame!

Comment

Ill Bill liked my comment on his new track on FB ("Always good"). Aw. Wasn't even expecting a like at all but it gives a good feeling of goodness to even bother.

Yeah. Be really, really ****ing nice to peeps. Even when they're proper *****. Weather the numerous storms.

Bulletproof Niceness.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X