No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost around 10KG the past 6 weeks. Another 3.5 to my goal of 12st, then I might aim for 11st.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Lost around 10KG the past 6 weeks. Another 3.5 to my goal of 12st, then I might aim for 11st.
      That's brilliant well done.

Here's me moaning I had put on a kilo on our holidays, on my normal Friday evening weigh-in I tipped the scales at 55.2kg.

Keep it going!

Comment

I've posted this before, but I still love it.

Comment

Great thread.

Comment

Took me mam to Scarborough, today. It was a cheapish coach trip. We were only there like 4.5hts but it was deece, nonetheless, you can always go back and it will pretty much always be easy.

Had fish n' chips at Wackers and I can only say "sublime".

Sublime.

Also tried the Mickey D's triple cheeseburger the moment we hit Scarbados. And a white coffee.

£2.19 for that triple is amazing value, if I was a tramp and didn't have a really bad drug habit, then I could subsist on one or two of them bastards a day!!!!!!

Comment

Anyhoo, the main point for this smiley was cos the first chazza shop I entered had a sealed 2004 Star Wars DVD trilogy, minty, literally looking as good as it would've on shelving in HMV back in 2004. The SAME.

Yeah, for £5, I reckon it's the bum-arse remasters but it's proper PROPER sealed and minty and I've never ever owned THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK on DVD.

I couldn't resist it and I'm glad I didn't.

Total barg. And minty. Like it's 2004 again. Same silver box as the old VHS widescreen VHS tapes.

Anyway, PROPER sealed. Minty. For a fiver. Would anyone on here pass this opportunity up?

Also, a sealed CD by Tom Vek called "WE HAVE SOUND". It was 50p, brand new.

Will actually have a listen and report back in a bit. 10 tracks. It's on Tummy Touch Records. I'm guessing wispy, mediocre, and funky house that kinda gets you in the mood for summat bangin' then disappoints you when it keeps on being underwhelming for at least six minutes.

Comment

5.2%, btw. Slightly even worse than I thought but still has sprinkles of OK moments.

But the bottom line is...

..52%.

No way will I ever buy another CD by this geez, not my tyoe of ish.

Comment

aww i quite like a bit of Tom Vek

Comment

It's only me, I have an autistic taste in music, I go for specific noises or rhythms. Damn, I've got about 7000 CDs. I'm very strange. If I see you mate, you can have it, or I'll post it to ya, just PM us.

Music is like comedy, every individual has their own unique preferences that form a skeleton of one's own tastes. There's so much good music I feel meh about, Bob Marley for instance, Muse. Leave me totally cold. Most guitar stuff. Love jazz love rap love funk hate reggae. Well, about 99%. Hate country, love elevator music.

Anyway, I'll shut up. But I'd wager I've got the best music collection on here!!!!

Comment

It's like I remember back in I think 1991/2ish, SELECT magazine gave NEVERMIND a scathing review, I think it got 1/5, the reviewer *might* have been Adam Higginbotham iirc??? It's yonks ago but I used to read and re-read SELECT all the time, it was a truly great music mag and I was heartbroken when it died.

But one out of five for NEVERMIND, ffs???!!!! Five out of five, easy!!!!!

Now, I ****ing LOVE Nirvana, they really were great and I've got all their albums. But no Foo Fighters at all. Lol.

Comment

cotton candy grapes are a thing...and they do taste like cotton candy

Comment

As in real grapes that taste of cotton candy or cotton candy in the shape of grapes?

Comment

Real grapes that taste like candy floss. I’ve had them before as well, they really do taste like it and are actually quite nice.

Comment

Finding life on other planets. That's enough to make you smile, until they invade and melt your face off with sulphuric acid spit anyway: https://www.space.com/venus-phosphin...ves-study.html

Comment

Melting permafrost aside, damn cool

The ancient bear, unearthed by reindeer herders, has been hailed as a find of "great importance".

Comment

Working...
                                X