Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Finding life on other planets. That's enough to make you smile, until they invade and melt your face off with sulphuric acid spit anyway: https://www.space.com/venus-phosphin...ves-study.html
    We had our chance as a species 🤷

Comment

Honeymoon 3.0 is booked

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        We had our chance as a species ��
        This is what no wearing a mask gets us!

Comment

Argos Catalogue classics!
          Sad news today that the Argos catalogue is about to be no more. The heavyweight publication has been a staple in people’s homes since 1973 (less so recently, to be fair) and will be fondly remembered by anyone of a certain age who pored over its pages for toys (and other stuff) in the run-up […]

Some juicy calculators for [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]!

Comment

Awesome. I still have calculator 4 on that first Argos page. It is 38 years old and I only put a new battery in a few years ago. The metal cover completely fell off the front as the glue had all dried out but I put some fresh on and probably good til I die now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Honeymoon 3.0 is booked
              Sounds like a VR thing!

Comment

Smyths catalogue just came in the post. Far more pleasing than it should be for a middle aged bloke

Comment

In 85 I was in my first job at Dixons, every delivery day was like Christmas, rifling through the stock to see what new products we had to sell and could play with.

Comment

Four more days at work then I've got twenty days off. Go back in after that for four days and I'm off for twelve after that.

I love these four on, four offs...it's gonna be autumnal gaming season shortly!

Comment

Still have that Donkey Kong Jr Game and watch but the battery cover split and got lost in one of our recent moves. STill works with some tape. It was my sisters growing up whilst I had the Fire one. I still recall that awful day I was carrying something to the shed, it fell out of my pocket and in momentum I trod on it splitting it and oozing all that black stuff out of it, I was a very sad little girl that day.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Argos Catalogue classics!
                        Sad news today that the Argos catalogue is about to be no more. The heavyweight publication has been a staple in people’s homes since 1973 (less so recently, to be fair) and will be fondly remembered by anyone of a certain age who pored over its pages for toys (and other stuff) in the run-up […]

Some juicy calculators for [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]!

It's a shame the link at the bottom just redirects you to the Argos site now.

Comment

First time I've been at my shop at night since I installed this and got to see it lit up, definitely made me smile.

Also, we went to a restaurant tonight for the first time in six months. It was lovely to feel kind of normal again for a couple of hours, and they had the place set up brilliantly to make sure nobody was worried about the current situation.

Comment

Ordered Sennheiser HD 6XX and a Topping DX3 Pro... Down the rabbit hole we go!

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]: that is an amazing shot, mate!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Ordered Sennheiser HD 6XX and a Topping DX3 Pro... Down the rabbit hole we go!
                                Good set of headphones. I flirted with these myself but didn't take the plunge. Got to test them before lockdown; good sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X