No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just paid myself a wage for the first time in almost two years since starting the new business. Feels good!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      Just paid myself a wage for the first time in almost two years since starting the new business. Feels good!
      It makes me think of when you find a £20 note in your jacket from last time. Technically it’s yours, but it’s like a gift to yourself

Comment

Put Christmas lights up all round the outside of the house and the kids went nuts in the garden.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Was just in the shop and I heard a school kid tell his mate 'I'll volley yer nan'!

Takes me back to the time I was on the bus to work and another kid said 'He fingered her with a bag of skittles'.

Comment

The ancient Scandanavian art of kulning. It's like something straight out of a fairytale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvtT3UyhibQ

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                  Takes me back to the time I was on the bus to work and another kid said 'He fingered her with a bag of skittles'.
                  Were they pointing at you when they said that?

Comment

I knew a girl at school who proudly admitting getting herself off once on a frozen fish finger.

She didn't have many friends and it felt like this boast was a way to boost her up in popularity. It did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                      I knew a girl at school who proudly admitting getting herself off once on a frozen fish finger.

She didn't have many friends and it felt like this boast was a way to boost her up in popularity. It did not.
                      At least it wasn't a Turkey Twizzler!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post

lol I just learnt how to exhale coffee through my nose, cheers!

Comment

She also used to share a really blurred printed photo of her kissing some guy (close up of tongue entering mouth), this was when we were like 14-15, to 'prove' she had kissed a guy.

Like lightning someone commented "snogging your brother doesn't count" and that became a whole thing. She was picked on a lot at school, as was I and I was weird too but not THAT weird.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Were they pointing at you when they said that?
                            Come on Chimpy, I'm a deviant, not a pervert!

Comment

Honestly, my shop. After 30 years of doing something just for the money, I now have a job I love that I adore turning up for every day and leave happy from every night.

Comment

You’re a lucky man, Colin. Not a lot of people can make that happen for themselves. Well done.

Related, I have a new job and it’s a good one that pays and, importantly, when I wound down my own business and tried to make a list of places I’d like to work this was the only company that made the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X