Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
    Yep, read about this on the BBC site. Daughter has all-sorts of problems getting to school and home, you can see one of our great British sayings in action every day.
    Her route is one of the ten minute ones but you literally wait half an hour with nothing then three of them turn up.

Me and Burnham are in lock-step with Northern Rail though, nightmare is an understatement using that shower, getting anywhere for connections particularly Picc/Ox Road is hellish.
    Tomorrow it's not too bad only going to Warrington but Thursday I'm in Glasgow so will have to get earlier trains to get my connection.
    I had to make that trip several times last year, not fun. I felt sorry for the poor sods that couldn't get a seat.

Andy Burnham seems to be doing a good job bringing certain issues to the fore and tacking them head on. It makes a nice change tbh.

Comment

Andy Burnham has always been a solid self-promoter, absolutely nothing has or will change though. All talk no action, not unless it's towards his ultimate ambition of being party leader.

Comment

Picnics in the sun.

Comment

You can ask them to take pictures down you know.

Comment

Fammydodd’s own company is one year old today. Fone-a-fart, a subsidiary of Dial-a-Dodd, provides live on demand farts to callers having trouble with wind or practical jokers. In that time he has delt with over 300 calls, and apologised profusely to 8 wrong numbers, and his mam who tried to call him at work.

Comment

I confused the wrestling thread with the brexit thread.

Comment

That I've gone 5 days without saying things like

Peter Tingle

or

Night Monkey

to spoil the new Spider-Man.

Comment

Attended a friend’s wedding in Armenia and decided to bookend it with a few nights in Moscow either side.

The wedding was amazing and as energetic as I’d been led to believe from YouTube videos and that alone would’ve made the trip worth it but Moscow is beautiful and the weather has been perfect.

I used to find holidays stressful but the last few have been brilliant, especially since we stopped trying to plan anything beyond hotels.

Comment

Follow-up to the above smile...

Half an hour before our flight back to Tokyo, my wife decides to grab a last-minute honey cake from Costa. I choose to board the plane like a sane person.

Ten minutes before take-off, a cabin attendant asks me where my wife is. I tell him she had to go to the toilet but should be on her way right now, and then frantically message asking where the flippety-flop she is. No response. They say it's too late for her to board anyway, but I'm welcome to leave the plane and join her. Finally she replies and tells me to go on ahead, so I do.

Hilariously, our Russian visas had become void prior to the flight so she wasn't allowed to leave the airport, like a Japanese Viktor Navorski. She booked herself into a hotel and spent the day exploring the entire airport, racking up those steps.

As for the honey cake? She said it was good, but I doubt it was worth 600 quid

Comment

At least you can laugh about it!

Comment

Comment

Went on my bi-monthly cheapo gaming hunt yesterday, ended up spending about £18 on £1 games across a few formats, PS3/DS/Wii/OGXB.

A Polish copy of the 2012 Game Of Thrones game. Some American Civil War PS3 FPS I've never seen before (US release, very chuffed with it). Sniper Ghost Warrior. Sonic Unleashed on Wii. All a quid each. Very nearly a JP MGS4 with the cool packaging and phat manual. But they couldn't find the disc.

All the DS games were complete, as well. Nowt amazing but some quirky ones...Secret Files Tunguska/Tomb Raider Underworld/CSI Dark Motives/Cars 2/Dr Who: Evacuation Bowel...I mean Earth...quid a pop ya can't go wrong.

Two OGXbox flying games, Wings of War and Heroes of the Pacific. They had a nice-looking, complete Secret Weapons Over Normandy but I have that already so left it for someone else to find. Gotta leave the treasures for someone else to find. It's karmic. Not ALL the time, I'm not Jesus. Gah, if I saw two minty Panzer Dragoon Sagas sitting on a chazza shop rack I'd nab em both!

Blood Drive on PS3. Looks decent. A few more*. Have just installed GTAIV. Never owned it on PS3, in September it'll be a decade since I played thru n loved the 360 one.

I'm smiling at it, it's one of the most 'real-real' open worlders available, it feeeeels like it's a natural place much of the time. PS3 vers feels less sharp but more colourful and sugary, like a bag of zingy boiled sweets. That's a good thang. I'll be feelin it all again with sweet, different visuals.

Anyone know if allowing the 31mb update castrates the radio stations????

*Terminator Salvation/Iron Man 2/Sorcery/Kung Fu Rider (so I can dig out the Move) All PS3 btw.

Comment

Signed my continuous contract with the education board tonight!
                            Not bad, going from not sure I have a job to having a permanent position in 6 days flat.

Comment

My wife was worried that a neighbour was being murdered as he was effing and a jeffing at the top of his voice "I'll kill you! You should be dead!" before listening a bit more and realising he was playing a video game - "You shouldn't be able to shoot through walls! You cheat, you should be dead! You can't take that many headshots!"

Comment

People playing CoD should be in the irks thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X