Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few good work things

- First work payday since getting told I was getting a 40p an hour raise. TBH not noticed much of a difference in the amount I get after tax and such but it all counts, especially my pension and (HA!) student loan which seem to be getting significantly more now.

- Got some cold hard cash for recycling metal crowns/ bridges at work. A lot of practices let the nurses have the money raised or at least save it all towards a meal out or something, I got £130 after saving every scrap of metal I could pick out of the filters.to add to the scrap/ extracted teeth with them. Every little helps, I only got my first game for my switch (BOTW) with the money I got from my crowns the first collection 3 months after I got the console. Money to go into savings and towards cute nerdy stuff I have been pining for from Etsy.

- We (usually) get a Friday roundup email from HR since we can't do our monthly staff meeting with social distancing and such. I was focus of the 'shout out' of the week (they don't do employee of month any more) nominated by my dentist when I managed to communicate with and calm down a patient with early onset dementia (he was quite advanced in his 50's) who was desperate to have a tooth out as in a lot of pain and was getting very distressed/ acting out with challenging behaviour because of it.

Comment

What a fantastic weekend. I dropped some shrooms Friday night and went out a-wandering under the moon and stars, at one point I felt like nothing more than a brain and two eyes floating around - I love those proper transcendental psychedelic experiences when the self and all it's thoughts, judgements, preferences, history and biases drop away and all there is is awareness. Fantastic. It's so liberating, albeit momentarily.

Awoke the next morning to glorious sunshine so rowed the boat out onto the lake near the castle steeped by magnificent mountains on either side.

Testing the Mavic Pro by Llyn Padarn in Snowdonia with Glyn and Amy

Then yesterday I went up Crib Goch ridge which always gets my attention. It was a bit busy up there with loads of English tourists which I hadn't anticipated but, oh, it's still thrilling up there. Nowt like certain death a few feet either side of you to focus the mind and senses.

It was a proper weekend for the soul, mind and body and I'm so happy spring is properly and finally here.
      Last edited by Zen Monkey; 26-04-2021, 10:08.

Comment

GAF has finally nuked its Politics board and banned political discussion

Comment

5 years on... car paid off. Nice!

Comment

Bought some JP PS2 games off a gent on eBay who recognised my name from NTSC-uk. Gifted me a copy of Deathsmiles for 360 for some reason. I'll take it!

Comment

There are fewer pleasures in life like a hot water bottle.

Comment

Had a week away in Folkestone over half-term. First holiday in ages because of you-know-what and it was lovely.

Took the drone and RC car out too and did a couple of short films.

Comment

Not condoning such behaviour...but I laughed...

Two people are reportedly arrested after Emmanuel Macron was slapped as he tours France.

"Far-left leader Jean-Luc Mélenchon tweeted his "solidarity with the President" immediately after the slap"

I'm wetting myself.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                    Not condoning such behaviour...but I laughed...

Two people are reportedly arrested after Emmanuel Macron was slapped as he tours France.

"Far-left leader Jean-Luc Mélenchon tweeted his "solidarity with the President" immediately after the slap"

I'm wetting myself.
                    Me too. And it was a brilliantly feeble slap. The chap might as well have doffed him with a silk glove.

Comment

Comment

For pity's sake dust those grills, you savage.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                          For pity's sake dust those grills, you savage.
                          Funnily enough, I did give it a quick dust down before snapping, because I knew some pedant would pick up on the cleanliness of the console, rather than focus on my excellent visual gag.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Funnily enough, I did give it a quick dust down before snapping, because I knew some pedant would pick up on the cleanliness of the console, rather than focus on my excellent visual gag.

...hang on a min...oh yeah, I see it now!
                            / titter

Edit: I've got 2 copies of Pienkowski's book, it's wonderful. Wore out the first.

Comment

My work laptop is Japanese, but my Japanese wife’s work laptop is English

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                                ...hang on a min...oh yeah, I see it now!
                                / titter

Edit: I've got 2 copies of Pienkowski's book, it's wonderful. Wore out the first.
                                Yeah we have two copies of Haunted House and two copies of Robot, so I have my childhood copies to keep pristine and copies for the kids that I'm less precious about! (the ghost under the stairs needs repairing!)

I tell you what, we got a couple of newer pop-up books for the kids and they are astonishing. The engineering on them is so intricate.
                                My daughter wants to fly through Alice in Wonderland, but I'm constantly in awe as I open each new page.

Comment

Working...
                                X