• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    That’s brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      When you use a cotton bud stick in your ear... oh, so nice.
      Not always. Just done that, feels like I've pushed whatever further in! It's the olive oil afterwards that makes me smile.

I find olive oil to be the best for ears. When you charge in with a cotton bud and you bash against a big plug of hard wax, you only tend to make it worse. A bit of olive oil beforehand softens everything up, give it a blast, and it's good when your ear feels a bit sore/ache-y.

Not only that, it's olive oil. You can eat it, too. It's burrrrillliant.

Comment

Forbidden snack

Comment

Body-paint artists create "snowzilla" following Sunday's heavy snowfall across the UK.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

For us like many people the first of the month means mortgage payment day.

I've checked the account and I'm really thrilled to have made today's payment, because there won't be one on 1st March or 1st April.

It's finished, six years early and makes us 100% debt free.

Small mercies in these difficult times.

Comment

Had a really, really **** day involving my car breaking down amongst other things (see IRKs).

BUT my dentist who I work with has been a star offering to buy me lunch, saving a biscuit for me when I was down from the box he bought the staff (all gone by 12), tried to help start my car in the rain after work as well as giving me a lift.

Biggest smile of the day however is what came in the mail. I finally got the CP Isabelle japanese magazine amiibo card from Ebay that's the very last Animal Crossing Amiibo card I needed in my collection, I now have all 462!

I also got a parcel from japan of my AC gummy sweets that come with collectable cards. Only got 5 and some LONGMAN sweets I've wanted to try for ages. Want to see if I can use the molds from the sweets to make something else like chocolates or mini soaps.

Comment

[MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION] nice! I'm debt free. But don't have a house 🤣 (divorce)

Comment

That makes me feel bad, all I can say is things will get better - believe me!

Comment

Renting is awesome. We rent in the centre of Calgary for 1/3 what a mortgage would be.

Grats on the "Paid off the mortgage" trophy!

Comment

That is really not the case in the UK, unfortunately.

Comment

Hah, yeah. I'm paying more in rent for a place with a 3mx3m garden and shared parking than I was in mortgage for a place with half an acre of garden and a driveway big enough for 15 cars. 6 miles apart. Renting is ridiculous here.

Comment

Same in Ireland. Renting is a total scam.

Comment

Yes it is, with the interest rates being static for a good number of years more or less and the fact rents only ever go up, rental costs have really outpaced mortgage repayments.

It wouldn't surprise me if the real reason behind the government drive to force companies to provide pensions for employees is to give them something with which to pay their private rents in retirement, otherwise I personally think it's a ticking time-bomb because although rents are high it's almost impossible for young people to get on the housing ladder and are forced into renting.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Hah, yeah. I'm paying more in rent for a place with a 3mx3m garden and shared parking than I was in mortgage for a place with half an acre of garden and a driveway big enough for 15 cars. 6 miles apart. Renting is ridiculous here.
                                Should of kept the house and booted her out then?

Comment

Working...
                                X