No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the air cadets, getting hours of flight experience and never once saw a crash video, but I'll take you're word for it.
    Jump jump John.

The toilets were across a hangar and one time there was a crashed Wessex in there.

When it was my turn to fly, the pilot was making small talk waiting to taxi onto the runway and said:
    "Did you see the crashed helicopter in the hangar? I crashed it."

Comment

Speaking of "publicly exhibiting awesomeness", I see Twitch as one huge online arcade. An arcade that never closes, has every game ever made, with crowds of people playing/spectating, and coins being thrown at you instead of the other way around!

It's breathed a whole new level of life into my gaming with even my wife is allowing me to spend more time 'working' on it.

Comment

I bought a second hand row boat last month with 2 years remaining mooring permit. It's beautiful: classically shaped, handmade from oak with a fitted fiberglass flat bottom, able to seat 3 at a squeeze and just long enough to lie down in. Best £400 I've spent. I've used it every day. Sometimes I take a picnic, maybe half a bottle of homemade wine, or a joint, a few shrooms, some books of poetry, row out into the middle of the lake and just chill. It's so peaceful, just floating there, bobbing up and down, listening to the waves lapping at the side of the boat and the scenery always stirs my emotions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqt9IIRJDck

I just hope I don't have any mishaps. I'm not a confident swimmer at the best of times and drunk/high and fully clothed I don't fancy my chances of making it to either shore. But, man, it's my new favourite thing.

Comment

Buy a life jacket.

Comment

What a load of rollocks.

Comment

Someone please build a submarine

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                I bought a second hand row boat last month with 2 years remaining mooring permit. It's beautiful: classically shaped, handmade from oak with a fitted fiberglass flat bottom, able to seat 3 at a squeeze and just long enough to lie down in. Best £400 I've spent. I've used it every day. Sometimes I take a picnic, maybe half a bottle of homemade wine, or a joint, a few shrooms, some books of poetry, row out into the middle of the lake and just chill. It's so peaceful, just floating there, bobbing up and down, listening to the waves lapping at the side of the boat and the scenery always stirs my emotions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqt9IIRJDck

I just hope I don't have any mishaps. I'm not a confident swimmer at the best of times and drunk/high and fully clothed I don't fancy my chances of making it to either shore. But, man, it's my new favourite thing.
                That sounds awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                  Buy a life jacket.
                  One came with the boat but I never take it. The lake's not that far from my home so I walk there but my rucksack can only accommodate food and drink and books or the life jacket - not both.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  That sounds awesome.
                  It is! I can't recommend it enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    I can't simply stand back and push myself through a twenty-third year of graphic design whilst lesser beings are earning tens of thousands of dollars a week playing games badly.

Phil Lai challenged me to the stage 5 boss on Gradius V last weekend. First time in fifteen years playing that game. I did it in two lives. There's just something about publicly exhibiting awesomeness like that. I deleted the video afterwards because I was unhappy I didn't 1-life it.

I'm already making enough from subs to cover a game purchase each month. WoW Classic next - it's already covered.

Honestly, i don't really blame you. The bubble is going to pop on this streaming thing, not too far off, might as well milk it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post

Wine and boats, because nothing bad ever happens when those two things are combined

Comment

Sinking Monkey

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Wine and boats, because nothing bad ever happens when those two things are combined
                          Or Shrooms and deep water...

Comment

Plain, brown Himalayan rice, no sauce, but quickly fried in a little olive oil prior to cooking to bring out its inherent flavour, served with fresh, homegrown asparagus tips fried in olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan and a squeeze of lemon. So simple and delicious.

Comment

Sounds like a right farty mix.

Comment

It's delicious.

Comment

Working...
                                X