No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube recommending me vids by 'Corridor Crew'. Thank you!!!! ACE videos discussing good/bad visual fx in movies by a small group of fx artists. They even redo that horrendous Scorpion King/The Rock abomination to make it look less PS2.

Damn it, making me wanna get into making visual fx, inspiring and bloody great to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      YouTube recommending me vids by 'Corridor Crew'. Thank you!!!! ACE videos discussing good/bad visual fx in movies by a small group of fx artists. They even redo that horrendous Scorpion King/The Rock abomination to make it look less PS2.

Damn it, making me wanna get into making visual fx, inspiring and bloody great to watch!
      I got that as well.

Comment

Hope you're likin it like I am mate, really opening my eyes to how much goes into CGI, proper interesting, makes ya think about stuff. I'm watching it and thinking I just wanna do it, looks so fun subverting reality in artful/unartful ways.

They even discuss the Tarkin CGI and echo my feelings. I even learned it would've taken longer to create the Tarkin fx were it not for a full-face, still-extant cast of Peter Cushing's bonce.

Great stuff!

Comment

Forgot how terrible the plane fx were in Air Force One, as well. Saw it at the pictures and it made for a massive disconnect.

Comment

I love that movie far more than anyone has any right to. GET OFF MA PLAAAAANE!!!

Comment

Jason Reitman posting Ghostbusters set pics on Instagram and me then deciding to spend Sunday hunting the location down so I can repeat the photo for the internets sake.

Comment

Noticed MJ songs are back on the radio

Comment

Guy next to me at work was bemoaning that one of the desk phone ring tones is depressing.

I explained to him that it's Suite No.1 in G Major, by Johann Sebastian Bach from his Cello Suites, which are some of the most respected, frequently performed and recognisable solo compositions ever written for cello, although it is believed there were originally composed for a violoncello, which is a small cello, played like a violin.

I labelled him a cretin and an uncultured swine.

The reality is, I only knew because I recognised it from watching Evangelion and Shinji plays it on his cello!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    I explained to him that it's Suite No.1 in G Major, by Johann Sebastian Bach from his Cello Suites, which are some of the most respected, frequently performed and recognisable solo compositions ever written for cello, although it is believed there were originally composed for a violoncello, which is a small cello, played like a violin.
                    Oh to be a fly on the wall

Comment

Don't know where else to drop this... Streaming my majorly distracting working from home environment with prog. music.

Maybe some dog walks later and Bayonetta gameplay.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Drop in and say hi/keep me sane! plz!!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        Don't know where else to drop this... Streaming my majorly distracting working from home environment with prog. music.

Maybe some dog walks later and Bayonetta gameplay.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Drop in and say hi/keep me sane! plz!!
                        Oh Dave, I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed. Streaming bud? I don’t know, I just expected more from you I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Forgot how terrible the plane fx were in Air Force One, as well. Saw it at the pictures and it made for a massive disconnect.
                          That's a weird one because some of them are bad, but also, plane crashes do kinda look weird in real life. Ever seen footage of planes crashing in air shows? It doesn't look like you'd expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Ever seen footage of planes crashing in air shows? It doesn't look like you'd expect.
                            It worries me that this is something you regularly look for.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              It worries me that this is something you regularly look for.
                              Heh, I can see why. I used to be in the Air Cadets as a kid, so I saw loads of random military fighter plane footage, including a few air show crashes (no-one was hurt in any of the ones I've seen). Sounds daft but if you're learning about aircraft it's an important thing to see.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Oh Dave, I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed. Streaming bud? I don’t know, I just expected more from you I guess.
                                I can't simply stand back and push myself through a twenty-third year of graphic design whilst lesser beings are earning tens of thousands of dollars a week playing games badly.

Phil Lai challenged me to the stage 5 boss on Gradius V last weekend. First time in fifteen years playing that game. I did it in two lives. There's just something about publicly exhibiting awesomeness like that. I deleted the video afterwards because I was unhappy I didn't 1-life it.

I'm already making enough from subs to cover a game purchase each month. WoW Classic next - it's already covered.

Comment

Working...
                                X