No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta love the universes sense of humour.

CT scan results came in from my cancer op last Dec. All clear, phew, great news.

We did find an anomaly in your body though, turns out you only have a right kidney, but its so strong its essentially 2.

Okay then, sesh as normal on sat then
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-07-2020, 11:43.

Comment

Have you ever had a rough night out and woken up in a bath of ice?

Good news on the getting the all clear!

Comment

There was that one night in Cali Columbia 🤔

Comment

Great news! And even better that you won’t have awkward conversations with anyone in need of a kidney

Comment

Bit grim this, but I found it funny.

I was showing my mam some photos of the bairn on my phone. She was cooing and oohing and being all doting nana.

Mid comment, she paused. Her eyes narrowed. She looked confused, like in the process of working something out. She glanced at me. I fired back a perplexed expression.

“Why do you have a pube sticking out of the top of your phone?”

I looked carefully. It was, indeed, a pube. Caught ‘tween the phone and the outer case. I removed it and examined its chaotic wiriness.

Definitely a pube.

Cue a bollocking as I flicked it away nonchalantly onto her hearth rug, while I scrambled around inside my mind, trying to work out how a bit of the old bollock toupee ended up there.

Comment

Poked into a pocket, caught betwixt phone and case, shed without pain?

Comment

I surmise that it could be the refugee of a rearrangement. Trapped between fingers, then deposited into my pocket. A lucky alignment in my pocket of phone and pube resulted in a cracking new bitta bling.

Comment

During a vid-quiz with some mates this week one of the guys instructed Google or Alexa or whoever it was to turn his lights on and it kept ignoring him ... reminded me of a Hal situation

Comment

Commented on a Tweet from Walmart Canada Gaming about the PS5 to be met with the standard fanboy backlash.
                    I just wasn't grabbed by anything coming out on release day. Ah well. Serves me right.

Comment

This duplicitous wanker trying to wriggle out of an embarrassing instance of videogame plagiarism in his novel by claiming to "own it":
                      https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-in-new-novel

Comment

Harry Potter and the Deathly Weapons(wands replaced with guns)

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                          This duplicitous wanker trying to wriggle out of an embarrassing instance of videogame plagiarism in his novel by claiming to "own it":
                          https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-in-new-novel
                          This is the weirdest response to this that I’ve read on the entire internet. I’m not sure if you’re having a laugh or didn’t quite read what happened.

Comment

I saw that Harry Potter thing this morning, it had me in stitches this morning

Comment

Daughter is watching "Hey Duggee" and they imagine what the future is like and replay the opening credits where the parents drop them off, but they're futuristic. The pig arrives on his dad's bike...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                This is the weirdest response to this that I’ve read on the entire internet. I’m not sure if you’re having a laugh or didn’t quite read what happened.
                                Having a laugh insofar as being amused by it. Also by the noise in/around his twitter feed that plagiarism can be accidental (it can't) and that it's the job of copy editors to identify and weed it out (it's not). A trivial example, but amusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X