No announcement yet.

Pokémon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there is no depth or systems in it? You just catch pokemon and level them up with XP or something?

This game reviewed well despite it not being a main line title. About 5 of Eurogamer's staff had it in their top five games of 2018. 2018 has been a great year of gaming too. I took the plunge on the strength of that lol.

Comment

I got it not expecting much (because it's Game Freak), just purely for the nostalgia trip. It is kind of nice seeing almost the exact same world popped out into HD 3D (kind of), but I realised any time in the future I want Pokemon nostalgia, I would much prefer to just play the originals. I didn't like some of the things they changed or "cleaned up". And I don't mean the things all the fanboys whinged about like EV training (sorry speedlolita lol) and random battles. I actually thought the catching mechanic was good and more a game of skill than the previous games.

I mean dumb and nonsensical stuff like changing "gambler" to "gamer" (I know this change happened in a previous game but shut up). He still says "I'm a ramblin' gamin' dude" for Christ's sake. They removed all of the content from the Game Corner but left traces. There's now no games at all at the GAME Corner, but it's full of arcade machines... that don't do anything. There's no coins or coin case, but the guy at the counter still talks about coins... There's no prizes, you just get given Porygon for nothing. Sure, it avoids the time sink of the original, but again, replacing it with NOTHING doesn't count as an improvement in my book. The most obvious thing you'd expect from a less lazy developer would be to have minigames on the arcade machines.

Same thing at the Safari Zone, it's just gone. But the entrance is still there! And what happened to fishing? A remake should improve on the original. Why not expand fishing to be a game of skill and reactions? Expand the number and types of rods, add lures etc? Nah just remove it altogether heheheh.

Comment

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, it’s probably just not suited to me. lol

Comment

I'll give it a good go and get back with my views soon.

Comment

Finished it and caught MewTwo. It felt basic at first but I've come to really enjoy it. I need to track down Red/Green/Blue for final showdowns apparently and there's the Master Trainers to fight. Not sure if I'll do that last part unless I can find an easy source of rare candies though. Logged into my old Pokemon Go account and transferred some pokemon you can't get in the Pikachu version of the game.

Not sure how I'll get Mew since you seem to need the Pokeball thing and I don't have one. I'm pretty sure I used the glitch in Pokemon Yellow to obtain it on the 3DS release which does, or at least did, let you transfer Pokemon to newer games via Pokemon Bank/Home/whatever its called. Something to look into anyway.

Comment

Pretty much done everything I can do in-game. Beat the Elite Four, beat Red/Green/Blue, beat all of the Gym leaders in rematch battles, caught MewTwo and the legendary birds, purchased all of the evolution stones and have 145/153 Pokemon caught. I ended up getting back into Popemon Go to obtain all of the Eevee exclusive Pokemon and the only ones left are Mew, Kabuto/Kabutops and a few Pokemon that only evolve via trading or lots of candies in Pokemon Go.

Pokemon Go itself has been a good way to get me out of the house for 30 - 60 minutes a day on walks so I'm probably going to keep playing it until I have those last remaining Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
              X