Foolproof way to rip CDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foolproof way to rip CDs

So...dad bought a new car, it doesn't have a CD drive but it comes with USB ports for USB drives, as you would expect.
    I've tried three times to show him how to rip CDs with Windows Media Player (because it's already installed and in Italian) but today he gave me a bunch of CDs and asked me to rip them for him.

Does anyone know a very easy to use ripping program to MP3s that is able to search for CD info and cover the moment you insert the disc and has one big "rip" button for him to use? If it's available in Italian, all the better.

You might hate this option and I'm sort of reluctant to recommend it because it's currently crashing on me as I write this but I think iTunes does this as soon as you put in a CD and you can set it to mp3 by default (it will be ACC unless you go in and change it). Then you can drag and drop the album into folders.

Comment

Comment

EAC. No, wait, thats the complete opposite

Comment

You can use a PS3 if you have one.

Comment

iTunes is a very easy way to rip CDs. Make sure you enable error detection and correction too.

Comment

One more for iTunes. I never rip CDs with anything else. There's an option in settings to 'keep the library organised' which means iTunes will create folders for artist/album, name the files with the track number/name, etc.

You can place a shortcut to the iTunes music library on padre's desktop and he can drag the folders to the USB stick. He can also drag and drop the files directly from the iTunes list but they won't be in folders.

If you don't set iTunes to automatically rip, I think there should be an 'Import CD' button in the top-right corner when you're looking at the CD's track list.

Comment

Working...
              X