N64 with S-Video + RetroTINK 2X crackling sound when explosions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 with S-Video + RetroTINK 2X crackling sound when explosions

So I'm using a Nintendo 64 with S-Video connected to the RetroTINK 2X which again is connected with HDMI to my HDMI switcher which is connected to my Dell UltraSharp monitor. It works great, but I get crackling sounds when there are a lot of explosions etc. Same issue arise when I use composite instead of S-Video.

I'm pretty sure the RetroTINK is inducing the noise as I tried the 64 with composite on my TV without any issues.

I have speakers connected to my monitor and I have headphones connected to them (tried speaker sound only, same crackling noise), so I figured I could feed RetroTINK with the video signal and route the audio around it, while still being able to use headphones.

I'd think the 3.5mm end of the cable between the monitor and the speakers would have to be plugged into something with RCA ports so I get sound from that instead of from the monitor.

Something like this maybe? https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-inc...GyL&ref=plSrch

Any idea what I can do?
    Last edited by Nico87; 27-11-2018, 17:59.

I have no idea what the problem is, but I hope you manage to fix the issue. It really is annoying when something like this spoils things. Best of luck finding a solution.

Comment

I just got my retrotink today and am having same issues with sound. I tried pilot wings N64 and thps2 for Dreamcast and it's bad sound, so I am about to reroute the audio just like you mentioned. That cable will certainly work if your speakers have 3.5 mm input.

Comment

Working...
      X