No announcement yet.

Rocky IX: Creed III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest issue with Creed 2 was that it didn’t know whether to be a Creed film or a Rocky film so I guess this is one way of solving that problem. Still, definitely feels like a blow for the movie.

Comment

Yep, for all the focus that they tried the original film never really broke itself away from Rocky or the characters legacy to feel it's own thing. The second film all but abandoned it, it's very heavily a Rocky film both narratively and stylistically in many ways. For the third they've covered most of what they need to with the Creed character and I still feel no real attachment to the series beyond seeing where things are up to with Balboa. To separate Rocky out at this point feels like making the film be like any of the other boxer movies out there. I'll no doubt hope the eventual trailer feels like a continuation as much as is possible but I have literally no idea what I'm going to look forward to with this one now.

Comment

The other day actor/writer/director Sylvester Stallone revealed that he won’t be returning to the “Rocky” spin-off series “Creed” for that franchise’s third outing. Stallone reprised his Rocky Balboa role along with co-writing and producing both the previous two films. His onscreen co-star Michael B. Jordan returns to both star in and direct the third outing. […]

Jordan says Stallone isn't in Creed III as they want to really hone in the focus on Adonis in a way that suggests the plan is to make more films down the line with Rocky now left behind

Comment

"Creed III" Delayed Nearly Four Months - Dark Horizons
          Creed III has been delayed till March 2023

Comment

Comment

Comment

That’s one of those “here is the entire movie” trailers. Looks like it has the potential to be really good. Freeing this series from Rocky could be the best thing to happen to it.

Comment

It looks okay to me but mostly down to the casting and melodrama. Though they've jettisoned Rocky I'm mindful of how much of a reheat of Rocky V this risks being given arguably the first Creed already played that angle.

Comment

Stallone On "Creed III" & "Rocky" Rights - Dark Horizons
                    Stallone on more about his views of this film, the rights to the character being taken from him and how the fiasco meant that another film that ended being abandoned was another true Rocky sequel

Comment

Working...
                    X