Rocky IX: Creed III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky IX: Creed III

In a video posted this morning, one that was shot back during filming on the last day of “Creed II,” actor Sylvester Stallone has revealed that he’s hanging up his gloves with “Creed II” to serve as his final time as Rocky Balboa. In the video he speaks with some of the cast and crew […]

Or Rocky IX as I will endlessly consider it to be despite this latest update, considering Balboa remains the most interesting element of the franchise.

Stallone has said that he is retiring from the role of Rocky. The second film is out and is performing very strongly meaning a third entry is a shoe-in but Stallone says it's time for him to step away from the character and to let Jordan carry the series forward
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-02-2020, 07:59.

Thing is, Rocky needs a proper send off.
    I don't think it would be right for him to just never appear again. Similarly, they can't have 10 minutes dedicated to him dieing or something at the start of the next film.

Comment

If he's not in the next one I think it'll cast a large shadow, if these hadn't have been so closely related to the Rocky films I'd have had zero interest in them and, maybe different after the second, Adonis wasn't a character I could care less for in the original so the idea of continuing to follow them completely detached from the previous entries doesn't appeal.

Comment

I feel like Rocky got a proper send off in Rocky Balboa and I don't feel there is enough of a story to give him a better send off unless they just show him dying which wouldn't be fun. I don't think we need that. I haven't seen Creed 2 so I have no idea where that leaves Rocky but Creed felt like a Rocky movie without being about Rocky. I'm okay with more of that if they have stories to tell.

Comment

They need to get a relative of Mr T to tip him ower, like what happened to Burgess Meredith.

Comment

Thinking about it, it seems hard to imagine Jordan would want to stick with the series as long as Stallone has (who knows, maybe he does want to one day make Creed VIII when he's 58) so given how much these hang on the Rocky franchise it would just seem like having Stallone come back for a trilogy closer would be the best route.

Creed fans get what would potentially end as an acclaimed, highly successful boxing trilogy that doesn't drag things on too much, Rocky fans get a nine movie saga charting the extent of both Rocky and Stallone's life following Rocky from first chance to final legacy, he gets a send off again too without needing to address absence/death. Then completely end it.

Comment

Sylvester Stallone turned 73 this month, and in recent years has become known for closing out his signature franchises. Last year’s “Creed II” was said to be his final turn in the role of Rocky Balboa, while this fall’s “Rambo: Last Blood” could easily be his final time in that role. Now, in a recent […]

Nope, that title change isn't me being cheeky about Creed III. Stallone has backtracked on earlier comments and it now sounds like a new sequel is in the works but this time it will be Creed who won't be present instead. The new film will be solely about an aging Rocky who befriends a down on his luck street fighter who is in the US illegally.

Also in discussion is a prequel series that would chart Rocky's youthful years as an underperforming boxer

I'm all over a new Rocky film but I won't lie, it's a bit meh in terms of plot set up to keep relying on Rocky training a young fighter ala Rocky V and the Creed entries because Rocky himself can't fight. I don't know how you'd justify Rocky fighting at this point but if you're going to make a new Rocky it should be about that.

Comment

I'm not that bothered about originality ... if it has the heart and soul of the first Creed movie then that'll do for me.

Comment

Ironically I'd probably list the first Creed as having the least heart of all the films, well maybe Rocky V depending on my mood

Comment

Zach Baylin has been hired to pen the third installment in the “Rocky” spin-off franchise “Creed” for MGM. The new film will continue the story of Adonis Creed (Michael B. Jordan) but story details are unknown and a director has yet to be confirmed. Ryan Coogler directed and wrote the first, while Steven Caple Jr. […]

We're yoyoing in terms of what the next film will be about as nothing has suggested that Stallone's Rocky movie is off the cards either yet but the latest update is something confirmed so it becomes the main focus and that is that Creed III is moving forward. Zach Baylin, writer of King Richard, has been set to pen the new movie and Michael B Jordan has been confirmed to be returning to the role. It's still unknown if Stallone is involved.

Comment

https://www.darkhorizons.com/a-rocky-iv-directors-cut-on-the-way
                      The next film may still be some way off but Stallone has confirmed the upcoming release of Rocky IV: The Director's Cut

Comment

Actor Michael B. Jordan is reportedly set to make his directorial debut with a third “Creed” feature at MGM according to The Playlist. The news was part of a report from Deadline yesterday with official comments from MGM shooting down talk of the distribution rights to “No Time to Die” being sold to a streaming […]

Michael B Jordan may be directing the next entry

Comment

Comment

He has long been linked to the job, but now it’s official – actor Michael B. Jordan has closed a deal to make his directorial debut on “Creed III” for MGM. Jordan will also return to reprise his role as the embattled boxer in the third installment, and will also produce the film which is […]

Now completely official. Creed III will be helmed by Jordan and is based on a story outline by Ryan Cooglar.

Comment

Oscar nominee Sylvester Stallone has confirmed that he will not be returning for the third installment in the “Rocky” sequel film series “Creed”. The next installment will see star Michael B. Jordan not just acting but also directing this time out, working from a script being penned by Keenan Coogler (“Space Jam: A New Legacy”) […]

Stallone won't be appearing in Creed III.

50 points deducted from Interestedor!

Comment

Working...
                              X