PC Overclocking + moving cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Overclocking + moving cases

Many moons ago I overclocked my 2600K CPU to 4.5ghz and it's sat beautifully stable ever since. I want to upgrade the case and change the PSU to modular, this maybe a silly question, but will I have to re-overclock it? Or are the settings saved in the bios and will me changing the PSU and reseating everything in a new case mean I can transfer all the bits without worry?

Cheers
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

All the timings and clock settings are stored in the BIOS - these are usually kept backed up with a small battery on the motherboard. So long as this is operating properly, all your BIOS settings should remain when you boot it up in the new case.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      All the timings and clock settings are stored in the BIOS - these are usually kept backed up with a small battery on the motherboard. So long as this is operating properly, all your BIOS settings should remain when you boot it up in the new case.
      Thanks so much Marty. And a new PSU shouldn't affect proceedings either?

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
        Thanks so much Marty. And a new PSU shouldn't affect proceedings either?
        New PSU won't affect anything.

You only need to worry about using the same OS (HDD) installation with a new motherboard, as the installed drivers will obviously be completely different.

Comment

If your motherboard has profiles, consider using one of those just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            New PSU won't affect anything.

You only need to worry about using the same OS (HDD) installation with a new motherboard, as the installed drivers will obviously be completely different.
            Yeah, I wouldn't be doing that, and yeah that's one part I do know Just been a while since I built this machine and still mulling over whether to upgrade a few bits or just build a whole new system around a de-lidded 8700k I can overclock.

Comment

Working...
            X